Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Wesson DWX

Quote Originally Posted by QuickStrike View Post
    Hopefully, no trigger return spring that can break (assuming a 1911-ish design in that area) and less broken slide stops ( I have seen supposed leaked pics, they are significantly thicker in the pin part).

I also prefer a more 1911-like disassembly of the slide.

The full sized can make a good HD/range gun IMO.
    CZ Tactical Sport is a single action gun. It does not have any issues with the TRS compared to Shadows. I did not break any in over 60K rds.

Hopefully, no trigger return spring that can break (assuming a 1911-ish design in that area) and less broken slide stops ( I have seen supposed leaked pics, they are significantly thicker in the pin part).

This gun will have zero mim thankfully and all upgraded internals over CZ setup. They seem to have tried really hard to build a reliable gun that we want as the consumer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    CZ mag sale at Midway. Don’t know how good it is, not a CZ pistol guy.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    CZ Tactical Sport is a single action gun. It does not have any issues with the TRS compared to Shadows. I did not break any in over 60K rds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    This gun will have zero mim thankfully and all upgraded internals over CZ setup. They seem to have tried really hard to build a reliable gun that we want as the consumer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It works exactly the same as a 1911 trigger (hammer and sear are true 1911 parts)

On the CZ TRS the new Red colored shadow 2 ones do not break often. I broke one this year on my practice gun in ~40k rounds and hundreds of hours of dry fire. Its now just a replace yearly spring.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Well maybe the custom shop can hook you up. That would probably be the cheapest route.
    Probably the easiest way to do it, for sure. Chances are some large and brave Canadian retailer will approach them about doing a run which will hopefully sell before any further legislative fuckery here.

I’m confused. When did the custom shop quit doing custom work. Or did I misunderstand the website?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Dan Wesson DWX

The new TRS on the S2 and P07/09 are significantly improved in durability. Or you can use a CGW spring, which I have not been able to wear out, even after 35k and 2 years of dryfire. I finally broke a S2 slide stop at 31k.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-31-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

In for a compact no rail sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amurr View Post
    In for a compact no rail sure!!!
    Yeah, I'm ready. Any idea when they will hit the streets?

Looks like you can get it railed or non-railed.
    https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/dwx-compact/

On another forum, the owner of DW was quoted as saying that the Compact would use Mecgar 15 round CZ-75 compact mags with a special floor plate. He also said that any full size CZ-75 mag would work. Given that, any recommendations on where to stock up on the Mecgars?

On a slightly unrelated note (and my apologies for the thread drift), will the CZ-75 mags work in an AT-84?

User Tag List