Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Wesson DWX

Quote Originally Posted by buzz_knox View Post
    On another forum, the owner of DW was quoted as saying that the Compact would use Mecgar 15 round CZ-75 compact mags with a special floor plate. He also said that any full size CZ-75 mag would work. Given that, any recommendations on where to stock up on the Mecgars?

On a slightly unrelated note (and my apologies for the thread drift), will the CZ-75 mags work in an AT-84?
    http://gregcotellc.com/cart/?main_pa...ha_filter_id=0

Jenky website but wide selection, good prices, and fast shipping.

Gunmagwarehouse.com is another good one.

My experience has been any small frame CZ clone will use CZ75 mags with no issues, though I have no experience with that particular firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    With these new pistols, I predict CZ will be successful in appealing to a segment of shooters that would have been unlikely to buy a 1911.
    Like your buddy YVK, who just realized that this is gonna be available in .40SW, and therefore is off-the-shelf Limited gun option with CZ ergos, but normally placed thumb safety and 1911 trigger.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

The DWX sure looks like a winner. I wonder when they will be generally available for sale? It sure would be good for DW if they were out early enough in the year for interested folks to get one in time to practice with it for the 2020 shooting season.
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

Quote Originally Posted by foxj66 View Post
    It works exactly the same as a 1911 trigger (hammer and sear are true 1911 parts)

On the CZ TRS the new Red colored shadow 2 ones do not break often. I broke one this year on my practice gun in ~40k rounds and hundreds of hours of dry fire. Its now just a replace yearly spring.
    Do you know if the safety is interchangeable with a standard 1911 safety?

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and share your knowledge on the DWX.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

They SAID 9mm in "first quarter."
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post

Using CZ mags, I would bet on CZ P09/CZ75 mag releases.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I may have missed this. If you put an optic on this gun would it be considered "Open" or "Carry Optic"? 1911 trigger and CZ frame.
    Real guns have hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    I may have missed this. If you put an optic on this gun would it be considered "Open" or "Carry Optic"? 1911 trigger and CZ frame.
    Open because it's SAO.

Carry optics is DA/SA or striker fired only. (or DAO, etc.) No Single action only guns.

Also I'm not sure if you'd be over the weight limit. But SAO bumps you to open.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post

Its my understanding that it isn't a simple interchange because the front of the safety is designed different. I think a regular safety could be modified to work by a smith.

I was dismissive of the DWX Compact, but I discovered a need for a 9mm Commander today.
    Or one of these.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List