Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite 9mm training ammo?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Range 147gr. American Eagle
    Carry 147gr. HST
    Never had an issue with either which I purchase by the case.
    Same POA/POI both rounds run my Gen 5 19 with Comp and my Gen 3 17 with Comp without spring changes as well. Not a single malfunction with either round in either pistol.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Geco 115 or 124 gr
    Fiocchi 115 gr
    S&B 115 or 124 gr
    UMC 115 gr

Those are my usual go to loads. They tend to be some of the cheapest, they function very well, and shoot accurately in my pistols.
    I don't have any qualms with

Magtech 115/124
    Aguila 115
    Winchester NATO
    Federal Champion

When the price is right. That's pretty much all the flavors that have been through my Beretta. It has not been picky with much of anything, at least out to 25 yards. I seem to get far more drop from it beyond that, but that's another topic.

Sellier&Bellot 124 gr or Blazer Brass 124 gr

Get it for $180 a case at LGS and no waiting or shipping costs.

Site Supporter
    I like 147gr Lawman, AE is good too.

I like S&B and even GECO 124gr. They’re both loaded a tad hotter than most 9mm, burn clean and they come in small boxes. The S&B is great especially for newbies because it says “9MM Para, 9mm Luger, 9x19” on the side to help clarify it for them.

I carry Federal 147gr HST and as logical as it may seem to use 147gr AE, it shoots way too soft for me and I prefer Lawman 147gr as a result since it seems to be just as hot as any Lawman ammo.

Last year I shot four or five cases of AE147 with no problems.

This year I’ll be experimenting with Fenix 147g. A bit slower and lighter recoil than the AE stuff. I like it so far.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    I like S&B and even GECO 124gr. They’re both loaded a tad hotter than most 9mm, burn clean and they come in small boxes. The S&B is great especially for newbies because it says “9MM Para, 9mm Luger, 9x19” on the side to help clarify it for them.

I carry Federal 147gr HST and as logical as it may seem to use 147gr AE, it shoots way too soft for me and I prefer Lawman 147gr as a result since it seems to be just as hot as any Lawman ammo.

Geco and S&B also seem to have less report and flash than some of the others. Very mild shooting. Though I was a little disappointed how the Geco chronographed.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Last year I shot four or five cases of AE147 with no problems. This year I’ll be experimenting with Fenix 147g. A bit slower and lighter recoil than the AE stuff. I like it so far.
    Slower and lighter than the original AE147, or the newer version? See: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?33947
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Slower and lighter than the original AE147, or the newer version? See: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?33947
    New. I had no issues with it and would be just fine using it again.

According to Lucky Gunner, AE147 runs 1,000 FPS. FENIX 147g runs just under 900 FPS.

Not a huge difference in recoil, but noticeable.
    David S.

Sellier & Bellot 124 gr, American Eagle 124 gr-both excellent, but the S&B is my preference-clean, accurate, on the spicier side-more analogous to my carry load(s)( Speer Gold Dot 124 gr +P. Hornady Critical Duty 135 gr, Federal Tactical 124 gr +P) and minimizes potential IDPA power factor floor problems.

Best, Jon

User Tag List