Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite 9mm training ammo?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I use Speer Lawman or AE 147gr TMJ for practice, whichever is available. 147 standard Gold Dot is my carry, and both loads are a fair analogue to the duty round. I have shot thousands of all three loads, and in my former life typically bought (with other people's money ) about 250,000 thousand ball and 60-75k of GDHP per year. I saw millions of rounds go down range with no issues. I stay away from Winchester. During the ammo drought a few years back I bought 100k of 147 WWB for our transition. EVERY 50 round box had at least 4 rounds that didnt fire. Some had 10. I had the same issue with a 250 round case of 124gr I got from PSA. First box I opened had four failures to fire.
    I bought 1000 rounds of Winchester 124 gr NATO. I soldiered through but had multiple FTFires. Hard primers I suspect. This was also through multiple mostly stock Glocks, so it wasn’t just one gun doing this.

I will say, POA/POI was comparable to 124 gr Hornady XTP, but so is 124 Fiocchi without all the drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I had a few FTFs in my last mags of the Win Nato, but all of my springs were needing replacement so I attributed it to that. Maybe I will lean towards Lawman then.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Lawman 115. Clean, reliable, accurate, similar to my carry ammo, affordable.
    Last edited by Medusa; 10-21-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    I bought 1000 rounds of Winchester 124 gr NATO. I soldiered through but had multiple FTFires. Hard primers I suspect. This was also through multiple mostly stock Glocks, so it wasn’t just one gun doing this.

I will say, POA/POI was comparable to 124 gr Hornady XTP, but so is 124 Fiocchi without all the drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Winchester's NATO-spec stuff does have hard primers but should run unless you've been playing with your ignition system. My three PX4s love it and they actually have reduced-power hammer springs. My P99C loves it too, and it's striker-fired. Ditto with my Sig P6.

S&B has been the most consistent in both 9 and 45, over the years and within each box. Lawman is ok but I do have an irrational preference for jacketed rather than plated practice bullets, probably a hangover from reloading.

I’ve also had really good luck with Geco, both the ‘90s vintage German stuff and the recent Hungarian loads.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    @JAD - Have you chronographed the Hungarian Geco stuff? I’m open to new sources and it’s attractively priced.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @JAD - Have you chronographed the Hungarian Geco stuff? I’m open to new sources and it’s attractively priced.
    No, just shot a couple cases and dug it. I can recommend if.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    I teens towards being a fan of Lawman pretty much anything. That said, I was just playing around and shot a WHO group at 20 yards with some S&B and was impressed. It wasn't a fluke either. The ammo is quite accurate in my 1911s

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I teens towards being a fan of Lawman pretty much anything. That said, I was just playing around and shot a WHO group at 20 yards with some S&B and was impressed. It wasn't a fluke either. The ammo is quite accurate in my 1911s

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    WHO ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    WHO ?
    Weak Hand Only
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

User Tag List