Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite 9mm training ammo?

Whatever is cheap and shoots best in the gun in question.

I’ve honestly never fired a 9mm factory load that was “inaccurate” in a gun that had good mechanical accuracy. And aside from hard primers in cheap stuff like Tul/Wolf I’ve never had anything not go bang.

For many, many, many years I ran Winchester White Box 115-grain or Blazer Aluminum case 115. I don’t have the logbook in front of me, but one of my guns has ~10,000 rounds of each of those two through it, plus a similar amount of 115 Prvi Partizan in it.

These days I run 147-grain American Eagle or Lawman to match the 147-grain HSTs I use. But I’m not too worried if all I have is 115-grain range fodder. It is, what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Range 147gr. American Eagle
    Carry 147gr. HST
    Never had an issue with either which I purchase by the case.
    Ditto. Nearly identical characteristics.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Blazer Brass. I carry Speer Gold Dots and unless I misunderstand they're made by the same company so they should have similar performance characteristics.

The Blazer is cheap
    You're confusing Blazer with Speer Lawman.

PMC 115/124 or American Eagle 115 for practice. Cheap and accurate.

Federal Syntech 150 for matches, especially in polymer pistols. Knocks steel over, very light recoil.

Lawman 124 TMJ if you are trying to control your lead level, but it is snappier than anything above.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Blazer Brass for me, but recently added a comp to a build and running that with Winchester Nato 124 Q4318. The Nato round runs the comp nicely.

Pretty much this...

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Range 147gr. American Eagle
    Carry 147gr. HST
    Never had an issue with either which I purchase by the case.
    and this...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Federal Syntech 150 for matches, especially in polymer pistols. Knocks steel over, very light recoil.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I'm standardizing to Win NATO. Until then, it was whatever was cheapest but I've seen a few questionable rounds and have definitely had some poor accuracy (mostly with Freedom reman from many years ago, big surprise). I do primarily shoot a Roland so I like having a little extra power to cycle with the comp, but the only time I've had issues with weaker ammo not cycling was Remington UMC so its more for piece of mind than anything. Plus its not too expensive and if the world collapses and I run out of Gold Dots, I have more faith in it than the real cheap stuff.

Usually 147 Xtreme or Bayou bullets and Bullseye handloads. But in a pinch I like AE 115 or 124 factory stuff a lot.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    You're confusing Blazer with Speer Lawman.
    CCI is owned/also owns Speer. In theory they load the Blazer Brass close to Gold Dot specs.

CCI still does a few loads of blazer aluminum with Gold Dots loaded in them. The classic one was .44 Special - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1001523065

Win NATO also

Shot 150 rounds of Winchester NATO earlier this week. Shot it in my Beretta M9 civilian. 100% function with POA/POI for me. Barrel cleaned up nicely after soaking in Hoppes 9 for about 15 minutes or so. Some ammo can be described as dirty, some filthy. Cleaning my Beretta was not a chore by any means. I am satisfied with this ammo.

User Tag List