Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 111

Thread: Favorite 9mm training ammo?

  1. #101
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    When I got my G19 back from the mother ship in Smyrna in 2017, I ran a box of Blazer Brass through it and I thought for sure I had to send it back. Fortunately, once I ran some real ammo through it, it was right as rain again.

    Probably a bad box but it was enough to put me off.
    The case I shot last year was just horrible at 25 yards. Groups were easily 20-30% bigger. Wonít be doing that again. Iíll stick with Lawman.

  2. #102
    Site Supporter Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Target Sports USA is doing a Prime-like deal where you get free shipping on all ammo plus 8% off, for $95 annually. I typically order two cases at a time, and this will pay for itself within three orders (they already provide free shipping for cases of ammo, but you don't get the additional savings). SGAmmo has been my go-to for some time, but lately Target Sports has had slightly better deals (albeit not quite as big a selection).

  3. #103
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin
    I ran 15 thousand rounds of Blazer in a single season and had Zero issues. The only reason that I am not running it today is that I am shooting a gun with a compensatior and shoot a NATO round with the comp.

  4. #104
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Target Sports USA is doing a Prime-like deal where you get free shipping on all ammo plus 8% off, for $95 annually. I typically order two cases at a time, and this will pay for itself within three orders (they already provide free shipping for cases of ammo, but you don't get the additional savings). SGAmmo has been my go-to for some time, but lately Target Sports has had slightly better deals (albeit not quite as big a selection).
    Conveniently after Super Tuesday, the price of Blazer 147 went up $20 a case. They also went up $10 a case for Blazer 115 and 124, as well a AE 115 and 124. In January, AE9FP went up $10 a case too.

    On Monday a case of Blazer 147 arrived that was $165 before tax. Pisses me off that election season starts ramping up and it goes to $184 over night. I'm on pace to hit 5 figures in ammo this year, and if the price increases remain, I'd save over 1k this year by swapping to Fenix bulk 9mm. Decisions...

  5. #105
    Site Supporter JSGlock34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA
    Tried some Syntech Match 147 grain for the first time today. No issues. You won't confuse this with the soft shooting 150 grain Syntech Action Pistol load - it is definitely loaded to be closer to HST. I need to directly compare it to AE 147 grain.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

  6. #106
    Anybody know why nearly all 9mm FMJ target ammo that you see out there is 115gr? There are several different bullet weights available in 9mm for self defense loads, i.e., 124gr., 130gr., 147gr., etc. as well as different bullet weights available for FMJ target ammo in other calibers like .38spl but 9mm is always 115gr.

    I think it would be preferable to have a training load that is closer to your chosen SD load and for many carrying a 9mm that is usually a heavier bullet then 115gr.

  7. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Most manufacturers focus on 115gr because it requires less lead, and is therefore cheaper for them. Online retailers have made 115, 124, 147, 150, etc. 9mm ammo easily accessible.

  8. #108
    Site Supporter deflave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Hour View Post
    Anybody know why nearly all 9mm FMJ target ammo that you see out there is 115gr? There are several different bullet weights available in 9mm for self defense loads, i.e., 124gr., 130gr., 147gr., etc. as well as different bullet weights available for FMJ target ammo in other calibers like .38spl but 9mm is always 115gr.

    I think it would be preferable to have a training load that is closer to your chosen SD load and for many carrying a 9mm that is usually a heavier bullet then 115gr.
    Because most people that want cheap ammo want the cheapest ammo possible.

    It cost more to make heavier weight bullets.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    Because most people that want cheap ammo want the cheapest ammo possible.

    It cost more to make heavier weight bullets.
    I didn't specify that the ammo had to be the cheapest possible. There are varying differences between quality and price of 9mm target ammo as with anything else but for some reason 9mm is only available in 115gr. in most shops. This is not the case with .38spl or other target loads. Even .380acp FMJ can be had anywhere between 90gr. to 100gr.

  10. #110
    Our tribe runs ALOT of S&B 115gr fmj and we found it works great out of the Gen5 Glocks and my daughters 2 M&P shields along with our 9mm pcc's. Recently tried some Herters 115gr fmj and seems ok so far, not as accurate as the S&B in our stuff but also seems hotter. The price of the Herters is almost $3 a box cheaper in my area so may have to do more testing.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •