Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 92

Thread: Favorite 9mm training ammo?

  1. #81
    Site Supporter Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Been shooting quite a bit of PMC Bronze 115gr over the past year and a half after hearing Langdon recommend it in class. Super soft-shooting and fairly accurate, and SGA was selling it for stupid cheap for quite a while there. My old go-to for class ammo has been AE9FP 147gr. Not impressed with the recent production stuff—it's a bit hotter and closer in feel to 147gr HST, but it seems like I'm averaging 1-2 dud rounds per case with good primer strikes, which I can't remember ever happening with the older stuff.

  2. #82
    Site Supporter JSGlock34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    My old go-to for class ammo has been AE9FP 147gr. Not impressed with the recent production stuff—it's a bit hotter and closer in feel to 147gr HST, but it seems like I'm averaging 1-2 dud rounds per case with good primer strikes, which I can't remember ever happening with the older stuff.
    This is concerning considering I still use this ammunition frequently.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

  3. #83
    Site Supporter Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    This is concerning considering I still use this ammunition frequently.
    I find it annoying, but considering I only shoot this ammo during practice, it’s not the end of the world.

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Funny you say that about the new-manufacture Federal stuff. In the last 400 rounds (2020 manufacture date), I've had 8 duds. Zero in the previous 13,000.

  5. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    Funny you say that about the new-manufacture Federal stuff. In the last 400 rounds (2020 manufacture date), I've had 8 duds. Zero in the previous 13,000.
    Federal makes a lot of ammo, what specific ammo are you using?

  6. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    @Clay1, The same type of ammo the previous user mentioned using... AE9FP.

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    @Clay1, The same type of ammo the previous user mentioned using... AE9FP.
    Sorry man, I must be slow today. Just received some Syntech Action Pistol to alleviate some striker impacts that don't go boom with Q4318 (Winchester Nato round). I'm overly sensitive to ammo that doesn't work since it's causing me too many issues at matches and leagues.

  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    Sorry man, I must be slow today. Just received some Syntech Action Pistol to alleviate some striker impacts that don't go boom with Q4318 (Winchester Nato round). I'm overly sensitive to ammo that doesn't work since it's causing me too many issues at matches and leagues.
    No big deal! On Monday, I'll be purchasing a few cases of the 150gr Action Pistol Syntech load for match use as a result of these new lots of AE9FP sucking. I made the mistake of trusting it would be the same old product with a new box, and it cost me at match. A part of me can't help but wonder if it's by design on Federal's part to drop the quality of the AE products to sell more of the "USPSA Official Match Ammo."

  9. #89
    I just got in 10 cases of Speer Lawman 147.

    I've used this stuff for years and had one bad round that wouldn't light.

    I've had most issues with Winchester. White box 115 and their NATO have always had a mangled case mouth, backwards bullets, sideways primer, something in every case.

  10. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Walker,La.
    I have never had an issue with American Eagle or Lawman.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •