Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 at 37k rounds.........

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    GREAT looking gun. I do not know that much about Berettas but I have an opportunity to pick a 92 up for 400.00 Good deal in your opinion? I am concerned about the sights. On the 92 that I might purchase the front sight looks like it's welded in or not designed to be removed. No after market tinkering with as it's brand new in box. What kind of sites are on your gun? How does one change that front sight?
    On most standard 92s the front sight is integral to the slide. You don’t simply change it out. You can have it modified (add tritium or fiber) or even paint it, but that’s about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Did you consistently run any specific load(s) through that 37k+ round count? What a fantastic pistol!

As a Soldier that regularly runs M9 familiarization fire/qualification ranges, I've seen some seriously abused and neglected M9's still plugging away. I also regularly deal with Soldiers that blame the M9 for their lack of marksmanship and skill.
    In one recent case, I stopped an LT that was using an already-abused M9 as a hammer, and about an hour later an O3 that could run a pistol shot a perfect qual with the exact same M9.

I have two (an authentic M9 and a 92FS Inox) and I regularly feel the itch to buy more of them. Wilsons, LTT's, an M9A3, I want them all!
    The vast majority of the ammunition run through this gun have been my standard handload: an 124 grain fmj bullet, over 5.9 grains of Alliant BE-86. This produces an average muzzle velocity of 1186 fps.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

GREAT looking gun. I do not know that much about Berettas but I have an opportunity to pick a 92 up for 400.00 Good deal in your opinion? I am concerned about the sights. On the 92 that I might purchase the front sight looks like it's welded in or not designed to be removed. No after market tinkering with as it's brand new in box. What kind of sites are on your gun? How does one change that front sight?
    As previously stated, the front sight on a standard 92 is integral to the slide. This gun is a slightly modified 92FS. The front sight is the standard affair, the rear sight is a Wilson Combat Battle sight. If it's in good shape, I'd be all over a 92 at that price.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 10-22-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Thanks. It's NIB, never been fired. I think I will buy it.

Thanks. It's NIB, never been fired. I think I will buy it.
    I wish I could find a 92FS NIB at that price. I’d scoop it immediately and make it my backup Production gun for USPSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Stony Lane View Post
    Enabler...

Tempting, but by the time I pay for shipping and transfer fee, I could have scooped a used unit that’s in really good condition for $499 locally. Honestly I’m about ready to do that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stony Lane View Post
    Man what a bummer, same link shows a $250 price increase.

This thread delivers nonetheless.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    Man what a bummer, same link shows a $250 price increase.

This thread delivers nonetheless.
    Everything has gone up in price since 2019, unfortunately.

User Tag List