Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta civilian M9

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I have entertained the idea of thinner grips. What aftermarket grip do ya'll use? I hate to spend that cash only to be disappointed with a set of grips that don't live up to the hype. Not wedded to any particular type of material for the grip. A black grip is fine with me.
    I like the Wilson Custom grips but a lot of folks here like the Langdon grips. If you don’t have to have the fancy Wilson medallion you can get the same grips from the company that makes them for Wilson cheaper (I forget their name off hand). Either way I really think they are worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I like the Wilson Custom grips but a lot of folks here like the Langdon grips. If you don’t have to have the fancy Wilson medallion you can get the same grips from the company that makes them for Wilson cheaper (I forget their name off hand). Either way I really think they are worth every penny.
    This. I have LTT thin grips because they came with the pistols I have. Don't think you can go wrong with either. If you can afford to buy some just to try go for it.

For some folks with big hands (like @Les Pepperoni) thin grips don't work as well. So it's certainly a personal thing. I think thins work for most though.

-Cory

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    I don’t understand where this myth came from. The M9 isn’t a small gun, but it’s not an absurdly large monstrosity either. I carried one for years before going to the 1911, and it wore better then “smaller” Glocks . Speaking for myself, a Glock pistol prints like a phone book under my shirt.

This.

The grip is almost exactly the same size as a Glock 19 and the rounded slide and thinner trigger guard make it carry better than a Glock for me.

I have entertained the idea of thinner grips. What aftermarket grip do ya'll use? I hate to spend that cash only to be disappointed with a set of grips that don't live up to the hype. Not wedded to any particular type of material for the grip. A black grip is fine with me.
    I have the LTT black cherry ones on my 92A1.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I will never understand why Beretta makes so many fixed sight 92 pattern pistols in the year of our Lord 2019. The 92A1 and other models with the front sight dovetail would be the only models I'd consider were I in the market.
    Mine is a 92A1.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    This. I have LTT thin grips because they came with the pistols I have. Don't think you can go wrong with either. If you can afford to buy some just to try go for it.

For some folks with big hands (like @Les Pepperoni) thin grips don't work as well. So it's certainly a personal thing. I think thins work for most though.

-Cory
    I put Stoner CNC full checkered grips on mine *because* they are thicker than standard. Makes the whole gun work better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    so thicc

On my M9 I just use the factory grips. They're grippy enough and thin enough to conceal. I also use a Dark Star Gear holster for carrying this gun, because the DSG works with all of the different M9 variants I have laying around.

The Civi M9 was my first Beretta. I met a friend at the range when he sold me my first pistol (KelTec P-11). He brought his M9 to use as a comparison. I loved it & told him that when he was ready to sell it to give me first dibs. About 6 months later he actually let me borrow it for my Commissioned Security Officer & CHL qualifications when I got into Security work. Then about a month & a half later he finally let me buy it from him. I’ve added over a dozen other Berettas to my collection since then.

I wonder if I would have felt the same if he would have brought a Sig P226, Glock 17, CZ 75, or even a 9mm 1911 to compare to the little Keltec?
    Last edited by AdioSS; 10-21-2019 at 03:43 PM.

User Tag List