Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta civilian M9

Beretta civilian M9

I went to the range this week and shot 171 rounds if 9mm through the M9. Federal HST 147 grain 16 rounds, Winchester NATO 150 rounds, and 5 left over rounds that I have accumulated through the years. Function was 100%. I know this pistol is no where close for concealed carry for most folks due to its size, but of all the 9s I have, I shoot this one the best. Only upgrade was to install the D-spring on the trigger. I used the standard 15 round Beretta magazines. I really like this pistol.

I’ve carried a full size 92-series pistol for long periods of time and I (along with many others) love it! You have a great gun with a lot of history behind it. This is the place to ask questions because there are a lot of Beretta fans here!

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    No shortage of pretty hard core Beretta shooters here. You also may be surprised how well it can conceal with the right holster.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I know this pistol is no where close for concealed carry for most folks due to its size....
    I don’t understand where this myth came from. The M9 isn’t a small gun, but it’s not an absurdly large monstrosity either. I carried one for years before going to the 1911, and it wore better then “smaller” Glocks . Speaking for myself, a Glock pistol prints like a phone book under my shirt.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Really not that hard to conceal. Maybe a little harder than a 1911 since it's thicker. Sometimes a certain tshirt won't work

I’m going to side with the OP. I’ve tried concealing numerous full size 92s, and couldn’t quite conceal them to my comfort level of concealability. However, the 92 compact hits that sweet spot, again, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I went to the range this week and shot 171 rounds if 9mm through the M9. Federal HST 147 grain 16 rounds, Winchester NATO 150 rounds, and 5 left over rounds that I have accumulated through the years. Function was 100%. I know this pistol is no where close for concealed carry for most folks due to its size, but of all the 9s I have, I shoot this one the best. Only upgrade was to install the D-spring on the trigger. I used the standard 15 round Beretta magazines. I really like this pistol.
    The right t-shirt and a JMCK AIWB 2.0 are like a cloak of invisibility for my 92. It's a great time to be a Beretta guy, because pistol variants and parts are all over the place now.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

It's a fantastic pistol. For me, slim grips make an enormous difference. My carry gun is an M9 variant. Keeper's Concealment holster. The only thing I can't do with the holster on is tie my shoes. It hides under most reasonably sized T shirts for me.

-Cory

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I will never understand why Beretta makes so many fixed sight 92 pattern pistols in the year of our Lord 2019. The 92A1 and other models with the front sight dovetail would be the only models I'd consider were I in the market.

Which thin grip

I have entertained the idea of thinner grips. What aftermarket grip do ya'll use? I hate to spend that cash only to be disappointed with a set of grips that don't live up to the hype. Not wedded to any particular type of material for the grip. A black grip is fine with me.

User Tag List