Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger blackhawk Old model v New model

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Is Ruger still offering the free upgrade to the transfer bar safety system? If so, take advantage of it. There is no advantage in not having it.
    I don't think I have ever heard a good word said about that modification.
    I think the worst possible choice would be to buy an unaltered Old Model for the purpose of having it converted. (Note that if you send in an Old Model for any unrelated purpose, you get the modification automatically. I don't think they even send you back the old parts any more.)
    Go New Model or get by with a Fiveshooter.

My only use for a single action is CAS, which only allows 5 in the gun, so I am good with original lockwork whether Colt, Italian, or Ruger.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    To clarify why I like the new flat tops. The new flat tops and new vaqueros use the new midsize frame and have a steel grip frame. It is my understanding that the new flat top super Blackhawk .44 mag uses the old large frame size with the midsize grip. I haven’t seen a new flat top .44 mag in a while and I never got a chance to compare them size by side.
    Here are my flat tops. From the top down-
    -.44 special
    -.357/9mm convertible
    -.357 magnum
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]43822[
    Just because I snapped the pic the other day (.44) an have the old attachment for the 50th (.357):

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 10-20-2019 at 01:17 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

off topic

I love that book, nice pistol, too

Quote Originally Posted by iveschris View Post
    I love that book, nice pistol, too
    I think the book might be turning into a bit of an inside joke in the wheelie sub forum.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List