Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JRC Tiger Tail 1911: Herculean Effort for Small Guy

JRC Tiger Tail 1911: Herculean Effort for Small Guy

I've been working with Jim since somewhere around 2009 from belts to holsters to mag pouches and his leather work just works for me. This latest rendition of the "Tiger Tail" is something that I felt I needed a few years back when I was working with a G19 given it's blocky grip, so a 6" grip from a single stack with 5" barrel was a real tall order (DW Vigil in 9mm and WC Magwell). So without further pontification, I'll get to the pictures.

The last 3 pictures are of me putting my right hand up, my left hand up and then both hands back down again. I have 2 other shirt types I'll post next.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BaiHu; 10-19-2019 at 07:47 PM.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

The last shot won't load, but it's just another shot of the shirt lifted to show the rig under that shirt too. The red shirt is not as fitted as the black shirt.

Got any pics of the holster and mag pouch not being worn? I’m also a tall, very thin guy and am always interested in how people with similar builds conceal bigger guns.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

For the record, I'm 5'6" ~135-140#.

I’m 5’11” 150-155#. I’m built like you but a little taller.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I’m 5’11” 150-155#. I’m built like you but a little taller.
    If you have a broader waist then you'll be easy.

That is pretty impressive. I'm a..bit broader than you, but I don't want to dress like a hobo. A shirt that fits would be nice. Is this a personal one off, or something we can look forward to seeing?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shorikid View Post
    That is pretty impressive. I'm a..bit broader than you, but I don't want to dress like a hobo. A shirt that fits would be nice. Is this a personal one off, or something we can look forward to seeing?

It is technically available, but I don't think @JRCHolsters is taking any orders right now as he's pretty backed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    It is technically available, but I don't think @JRCHolsters is taking any orders right now as he's pretty backed up.
    Thanks sir! I've tried to keep an eye on the back log. I did not see this holster one the list right now. I'll be patient and wait. Might need two of them next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorikid View Post
    Thanks sir! I've tried to keep an eye on the back log. I did not see this holster one the list right now. I'll be patient and wait. Might need two of them next year.

Needing something “next year” may mean having to order this year. If the maker is not taking orders, well, you may want to put the maker’s holsters on your evil-bay watch list. And, then, you will have to be wary of counterfeits and knock-offs. It is like this, for some highly-desired holsters, knives, etc.
    Last edited by Rex G; 10-22-2019 at 09:32 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List