Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JRC Tiger Tail 1911: Herculean Effort for Small Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Needing something “next year” may mean having to order this year. If the maker is not taking orders, well, you may want to put the maker’s holsters on your evil-bay watch list. And, then, you will have to be wary of counterfeits and knock-offs. It is like this, for some highly-desired holsters, knives, etc.
    Absolutely. I have had to do that in the past, and I watch the forum markets religiously. I guess.good things come to those who wait.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It’s 2019. Holster makers are everywhere.

Really I’m not trying to be jerk nor do I mean to run down the work of leather maker in the topic

Here’s an STI DVC-p with an x300 and a spare 20 round mag.

It’s a big gun and I’m not big - 5’8” 160 - athletic build.

Again I’m not trying to be rude but it’s not a Herculean effort to conceal.

Again apologize for being rude if I’m missing something

Name:  2CC875A6-0F97-496F-A300-BE75851B874B.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  57.9 KB
    Name:  0EDBE07A-1DEA-4CA7-AFF1-7EE537082B41.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  44.1 KB
    Name:  940614E9-D991-4EE8-9206-BB0434D4000F.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  56.5 KB

Very nice, @BaiHu. I have a couple rigs from Jim, and they're first rate. The watson special I had could have used more grip tuck, and your configuration looks like that would be addressed. I also have a couple SME's, and the solution for grip tucking is similar.

@Duke. You and I have different builds 5'9" (I think i'm shrinking) and 200lb, and the last thing someone would call me is athletic. But a gun like your STI, or my railed commander, with an X300 is actually easier to carry than anything else. Whether it's the Phlster floodlight, the DSG RIGEL, or the Henry Spark, the addition of the light makes concealment MORE comfortable and achievable

@Duke:
    I don't see it as rude. We all just have different physiques and Jim's work with leather just works really well with my physique. 20 years ago I had a 40" chest and 27" waist and now I'm closer to a 36" and 30" waist, so every little bit of tuck helps.

Oh, and here are pictures of the holster solo.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BaiHu; 10-22-2019 at 09:45 PM.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List