Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Neo Nazi just got red flagged in WA state. This bothers me.

A Neo Nazi just got red flagged in WA state. This bothers me.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/19/us/ka...zed/index.html

His legal weapons were confiscated without due process. He wasn't charged with any crime. He was a CPL (concealed pistol license) holder. That means he was vetted by local LE. It takes about 6 weeks to get a CPL in WA.

I don't like Neo Nazi's, skinheads, white supremacists or even 1%ers, but this is nothing more than a person's property being confiscated because of his affiliation with an organization.

Note that the SPD filed the order.

Probably some people here on this forum with more semi-auto weapons than this guy.

Looks pretty bad from my perspective.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-19-2019 at 11:10 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    His legal weapons were confiscated without due process.
    Information was presented to a judge by local and federal law enforcement. The judge agreed that a temporary order was warranted. That lasts 14 days or until the court hearing. How is that not due process?

this is nothing more than a person's property being confiscated because of his affiliation with an organization
    Is it? Or is it actively training for, and calling for, a "race war", recruiting others for a "race war", etc?

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...Encrypted.html is the actual petition. There's a bit more meat on the bone than "is affiliated with an organization".
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    It sounds to me this has more to do with the fact that the Atomwaffen Division is a domestic terrorist network than his distasteful beliefs. No outrage from me over this one.

"Our regional firearms enforcement unit likely prevented a massacre by someone committed to advancing a race war. Washington state residents should sleep a little easier knowing they have a team empowered to enforce firearm surrender court orders from those considered to be an extreme risk to public safety," Dan Nolte of the Seattle City Attorney's Office told CNN.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    It sounds to me this has more to do with the fact that the Atomwaffen Division is a domestic terrorist network than his distasteful beliefs. No outrage from me over this one.
    I think he’s still entitled to due process, but I agree the atomwaffen connection was the key here.

I guess he has an attorney and a court date.

I'll go with the judges decision on this one. I don't know all the facts.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-19-2019 at 11:55 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

I'll go with the judges decision on this one. I don't know all the facts.
    You can read the actual petition submitted to the court at the link I posted. It's fairly lengthy, but you can skip a lot of the attached articles and just read the summary if you want a Reader's Digest version. At it's most basic, the allegation is he trained for, recruited for, equipped for, and made statements indicating he wanted to personally kill for a "race war" as a means of "accelerating" social change.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    "Our regional firearms enforcement unit likely prevented a massacre by someone committed to advancing a race war. Washington state residents should sleep a little easier knowing they have a team empowered to enforce firearm surrender court orders from those considered to be an extreme risk to public safety," Dan Nolte of the Seattle City Attorney's Office told CNN.
    That quote jumped out at me, too.

Cue up that guy sweating over the button choice meme again: there is not much that I have come to dislike more than PacNW neo-nazi skinhead groups, but I’m not exactly going to be "sleeping easier knowing they have a team empowered to enforce firearm surrender court orders." Where one sits on that is clearly dependent upon how much one respects the particular court, and process.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

ETA: We’ve also gotta take the long view on this. Of course, the first highly-publicized confiscation would be enacted on an extremely distasteful motherfucker. I mean, who’s gonna argue in defense of an avowed racist nazi? The optics on this test look better than Scarjo in her avengers costume. Next will be a few more "alt-right" test cases, then maybe down the road a watershed event taking guns from a muslim fundamentalist; if that passes muster, then christian religious right folks, then right wing intellectuals, then left-wing libertarians, then farmers, then any college intellectuals with tenure that remain...
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 10-19-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Yeah he sounds like a real choir boy... definitely the guy I'd trust to be armed in a synagogue.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    That quote jumped out at me, too.

Cue up that guy sweating over the button choice meme again: there is not much that I have come to dislike more than PacNW neo-nazi skinhead groups, but I’m not exactly going to be "sleeping easier knowing they have a team empowered to enforce firearm surrender court orders." Where one sits on that is clearly dependent upon how much one respects the particular court, and process.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
    That looks like a two finger solution...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List