Thread: “In Appalachia, honest people have hope again”

“In Appalachia, honest people have hope again”

It’s all about the jobs, I’ve noticed how much the Midwest has changed for the better.

#OrangeManBad

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3984999002/

"I don't want to talk about it because you can't have an opinion unless it's their opinion," an African-American Trump supporter said about the left. "Either you believe the way they believe, or you're a racist or a homophobe. The reason I'm working is because of what Trump's done. I just want to put my hard hat on and go to work every day."

The man, who added he's a registered Democrat, talked to Enquirer photographer Albert Cesare and me for nearly an hour on his front porch on a hot evening. He said a lady at his church had given him grief for supporting "racist" Trump, but the man said he has seen no hard evidence that's true.

The man then abruptly said he wanted no part of the story, stepped inside his house and closed the front door, leaving us sitting on the porch dumbfounded.

I didn't blame him one bit.
    #RESIST

Good read. I’ll file it under “No Shit, Sherlock.”

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

The thing about economics is,policy outcomes are lagged by years - and influenced by human psychology. Connecting the economic state of a given region to White House policy is dodgy business.

Insofar as the rest goes, we return to the same point stated elsewhere; running for President requires stupid wealth. Case in point; Sturm Ruger and Co.’s net income for 2018 was $522 million.

Donald Trump spent $398 million running for office. Hillary Clinton blew $768 million. Converted to F-35s (a favorite monetary unit ATM), Trump could have ordered 4 F-35s instead of running for President. Clinton’d have enough money for 8 jets with change left over to film an Iron Eagle reboot.

And some wonder why the President ( regardless of gender or party) acts like a rich tool. I think the article points out the obvious- most Americans realize honest men and women literally can’t afford to be the President, and thus make do with the best of our options. Which on account of the gigantic cost will always be a pool of overmonied , corrupt narcissists.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    The thing about economics is,policy outcomes are lagged by years - and influenced by human psychology. Connecting the economic state of a given region to White House policy is dodgy business.

Insofar as the rest goes, we return to the same point stated elsewhere; running for President requires stupid wealth. Case in point; Sturm Ruger and Co.’s net income for 2018 was $522 million.

Donald Trump spent $398 million running for office. Hillary Clinton blew $768 million. Converted to F-35s (a favorite monetary unit ATM), Trump could have ordered 4 F-35s instead of running for President. Clinton’d have enough money for 8 jets with change left over to film an Iron Eagle reboot.

And some wonder why the President ( regardless of gender or party) acts like a rich tool. I think the article points out the obvious- most Americans realize honest men and women literally can’t afford to be the President, and thus make do with the best of our options. Which on account of the gigantic cost will always be a pool of overmonied , corrupt narcissists.
    I'm just happy Iron Eagle keeps getting brought up in threads here. Totally watching it with my kid on my day off.

-Cory

User Tag List