Thread: Vang Comp 1911 work

Site Supporter

Vang Comp 1911 work

Now that Vang Comp announced they will offer NP3 finishing I am planning on getting an 870 worked on. I also have a colt Wiley Clapp LW commander that I had planned to sent to Robar for NP3 and roguard. Has anyone had any 1911 work done by Vang? I want to swap the sights and thumb safety, trigger and dehorn.
    Last edited by Poconnor; 10-19-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Site Supporter
    Since when do they work on 1911's?

I could swear I saw an article in his 1911 years ago.

Site Supporter
    I haven’t seen it advertised by him in awhile and I haven’t contacted him yet but 1911 work is still listed on his website. Here is a screen shoot from his site.
    Name:  2B9B07DD-2815-498B-B23A-4CE92876F745.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  30.1 KB

Vang Comp might do the best 1911 pistolsmithing in the world, but I wouldn't know because although I follow the 1911 landscape closely, I've never heard that shop mentioned once for that particular work.

Shotguns? You bet.

1911s? Not once, for what that might be worth...
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Now that Vang Comp announced they will offer NP3 finishing I am planning on getting an 870 worked on. I also have a colt Wiley Clapp LW commander that I had planned to sent to Robar for NP3 and roguard. Has anyone had any 1911 work done by Vang? I want to swap the sights and thumb safety, trigger and dehorn.

Email AJ at https://practicalperformance.org. I believe he works pretty closely with Vang Comp, might be an easy transition to have him do the work and then send it to Vang.

If you’re in AZ you can save on shipping too.

The Vang Comp people are wonderful. If memory serves, they're within walking distance of several world-class 1911 smiths... and if they do 1911 work, that's probably who I'd prefer to touch it.

I imagine with NP3 being a thing, there will be a formal arrangement with the smiths within walking distance.

Good to know that they're doing NP3.

Robar quitting left a pretty big hole.

User Tag List