Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this really a Model 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Holy Mother of Dog, it went up $200 in the last ten minutes. $566 is a lot for a potential hunk of scrap iron.
    Shill bids? Happens some.

Approaching $600 is borderline ridiculous except for someone who doesn't care about the money and likes to spin the wheel; you can still get decent Heavy Duty shooters for just a couple hundred more...
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Site Supporter
    Since I am a 38-44 fan (I have two of them) I would have tried to ask the seller what it is that's "non-functional".

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Since I am a 38-44 fan (I have two of them) I would have tried to ask the seller what it is that's "non-functional".

Dave
    If I remember correctly, the seller was Property Room. I suspect that "non-functional" means they tried to pull the trigger and the things they expected to happen didn't. If they ship you a gun that isn't loaded, you're doing good with them.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    If I remember correctly, the seller was Property Room. I suspect that "non-functional" means they tried to pull the trigger and the things they expected to happen didn't. If they ship you a gun that isn't loaded, you're doing good with them.
    I don't check it a lot, but my impression has been that the Property Room sells almost all of the used guns there. eGunner seems to be mostly a Bud's Gun Shop operation.

I've gotten a couple of good deals there.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    A clean (with honest wear) on the outside, 4" Heavy Duty for $566! I have a gun smith who can fix dang near anything. Wish I'd have bought that one. Oh well. At my age and condition I don't need another project. (smile)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I don't check it a lot, but my impression has been that the Property Room sells almost all of the used guns there. eGunner seems to be mostly a Bud's Gun Shop operation.

I've gotten a couple of good deals there.
    There are sometimes some great deals in there, among the crap. It is a bud's operation, and Property Room is the single biggest seller.

The property room folks sometimes don't seem to know what they have, as was the case here. The loaded gun comment is regarding a little incident a buddy of mine had. He bought a Winchester 94 off EGunner from Property Room that shipped with a free .30-30 round. Both he and the ffl holder were a little surprised when the new owner worked the lever a couple of times and a corroded round popped out of the ejection port.

In all fairness, the inside of the mag tube was pretty rusty, so the follower was sticking.
    Last edited by Lester Polfus; 10-23-2019 at 11:54 PM.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List