Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this really a Model 10?

Is this really a Model 10?

Here's a link to an EGunner auction:

https://www.egunner.com/sandw-10-38-...uction_details

It's listed as a "S&W 10 .38 SPL" but that doesn't look right to me.

I don't have the energy for a pig in a poke right now, but I'm tempted. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen something incorrectly identified on EGunner.
    Last edited by Lester Polfus; 10-18-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Looks to me like a 38/44 but I am not a revolver guru by any means.

Site Supporter
    Looks like a .38-44 Heavy Duty, a fixed-sight N frame. If that price were a buy-it-now price, I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat.

Right?

It's listed as non-functional but still....
    Last edited by Lester Polfus; 10-18-2019 at 06:30 PM.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Looks like a .38-44 Heavy Duty, a fixed-sight N frame. If that price were a buy-it-now price, I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat.
    This ^^^ though I have a functional one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This ^^^ though I have a functional one.
    Bastid. RAT bastid.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Bastid. RAT bastid.
    It’s shooter grade, not a DB museum piece.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I agree: 38/44 HD.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Yes, definitely an N frame. Parts, despite common reports, arent too hard to find. If one is patient, they come around.

If I had a gun budget id be looking into it.

Look up the common rate of exchange for N frame 38s, its got a ways to go before it starts getting stupid. Ive seen them for fairly reasonable on GB, better than some brand new guns people seem to like and think are fairly priced.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Ive seen them for fairly reasonable on GB, better than some brand new guns people seem to like and think are fairly priced.
    Ditto. I think I might buy a shooter grade soon. I've vacillated on bidding on this one. The "non-functional" part on this one may just be decades worth of cack under the sideplate.

Edited to add: The fact that this one is North of three bills with several days left to go suggests to me that I'm not the first person to notice.
    Last edited by Lester Polfus; 10-18-2019 at 09:07 PM.

User Tag List