Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Romeo 1 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ran into a problem. The screws that came with the Romeo 1 Pro worked perfectly to mount it to the 320 Legion. Those screws did not fit the X Compact, so I found some screws that came with a Springer Precision plate that seemed to work. At the range zeroing the optic, the X Compact would not extract. Apparently the screws were too long and interfering with the extractor spring. Will call Sig and Springer later on.

The built in rear sight on the X Compact looks like it will need a taller front sight that what came on the X Compact.

Have you found a front sight that works yet? I ran my X Compact with Romeo 1 Pro this weekend at a class and shot low as I was not able to cowitness the front Xray sight with the rear notch.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Any updates on this? I'm leaning towards one of the new X Series slide with 6 MOA Romeo1 Pro's as my entry into the red dot world.

https://www.provenoutfitters.com/xse...pro-6moa-18527
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Any updates on this? I'm leaning towards one of the new X Series slide with 6 MOA Romeo1 Pro's as my entry into the red dot world.

https://www.provenoutfitters.com/xse...pro-6moa-18527
    That particular optic is the one ICE SRT is running on the FDE P320F for our pilot program.

My understanding is they are coming up on a year and they have had no optics or mounting failures.

I just ran an RXP slide with a Romeo one pro through a two day modern samurai project class. Somewhere between 800 and 900 rounds in two days. No optics issues.

We are awaiting an authorized optics list for personally on duty weapons rumor is the Romeo1 PRO Will be one of the optics on the list. I believe it is also one of the three authorized optics for the LA County sheriffs office.

For those that want to put these on Glock MOS models. C&H precision has a Romeo1PRO to MOS v4 mounting plate.

Sample of one, but my wife has a Romeo 1 Pro on a practice 320 Legion, and has about 5,000 rounds so far without issue. Smaller display than a SRO or Romeo 3 Max.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Sample of one, but my wife has a Romeo 1 Pro on a practice 320 Legion, and has about 5,000 rounds so far without issue. Smaller display than a SRO or Romeo 3 Max.
    Any thoughts on dot size?
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I'm not GJM nor do I play him on the internet, but I am firmly in the bigger dots are better (obviously withing reason) club. I would far rather have a 6MOA dot on a pistol that will be used dynamically than a small dot.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

On the R1 Pro, 6 for Comp and defense.

Sage

I'm surprised at how positive that was after his original review of the Romeo 1. Anyone have the skinny on the new gen of ultra durable Sig optic he referred to at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I'm not GJM nor do I play him on the internet, but I am firmly in the bigger dots are better (obviously withing reason) club. I would far rather have a 6MOA dot on a pistol that will be used dynamically than a small dot.
    On the R1 Pro, 6 for Comp and defense.
    General question (not necessarily Romeo specific), does dot size have any impact on battery life? Is it a function of the size of the LED or something that is done optically?

User Tag List