Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K footprint and S&W Shield Plus?

K footprint and S&W Shield Plus?

Will the K footprint Holosons direct mount to the S&W Shield Plus without an adapter plate?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Will the K footprint Holosons direct mount to the S&W Shield Plus without an adapter plate?
    Not without removing the the rear alignment pegs.

While mechanically inclined and equipped, I did not feel like making the modification and I ended up using the CHPWS adapter plate. I have had no issues so far through approx. 2400 rounds and more abuse than most.

Mine is direct mounted. CHPWS milled the slide and mounted the 507K.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

I don't trust chpws' work or shitty plates at all.
    The best solution is to buy a EPS carry, they come packaged with an adapter plate for the RMSC cut which works for all shield and slim glocks.

Another needless miss by S&W. How come Sig made the 365 so a Zero, RMSc or 507K/407K drops right on, but Smith couldn't figure this out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Mine is direct mounted. CHPWS milled the slide and mounted the 507K.
    I'm specifically asking about out of the box from the factory, not aftermarket milling.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I'm specifically asking about out of the box from the factory, not aftermarket milling.
    See post 2 above, unless something has changed since I got mine, the Holosun won't fit without modifying the slide or using a plate.

I had Maple Leaf mill a non optics ready slide for a Holosun K, and put the RMSc on an optics ready slide. I definitely prefer the Holosun.

Name:  96F646C1-F11F-4F37-926B-0C779DA388B6.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  71.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My bad, I wasn’t aware they came milled already.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

FYI there is another Shield Plus thread where a poster mentioned that the optic ready Pluses he’s seen have an issue of not having enough adjustment range I think due to the way the slide is cut.

The Holosun EPS Carry comes with an adapter plate for Shield RMSc to Holosun K. This should work for the Shield Plus optic ready. Another interesting note is the Shield 30 Super Carry slides are cut for Holosun K and backwards compatible with Shield RMSc. I would supposed that eventually the Shield Plus 9mm will be cut that way, but the two that I have still have the rear bosses that prevent Holosun K direct mount.

User Tag List