Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Romeo 1 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    General question (not necessarily Romeo specific), does dot size have any impact on battery life? Is it a function of the size of the LED or something that is done optically?
    Depends on the manufacturer. IIRC, a lot of folks use a larger diode and mask it to get the desired size dot. Aimpoint has incredible battery life because they actually bothered to create a physically smaller diode which uses a correspondingly smaller amount of electricity.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Where is the Romeo 1 pro made?
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I'm surprised at how positive that was after his original review of the Romeo 1. Anyone have the skinny on the new gen of ultra durable Sig optic he referred to at the end?
    He was referring to the Romeo 2. It's a significantly more robust housing, that includes 2 "shrouds" that can be attached to the housing to increase durability. The larger one makes the Romeo 2 a closed emitter optic. I've seen and handled the optic, including to test holster compatibility (it fits a Blackhawk T Series RDS holster perfectly), but haven't had the chance to do any shooting with it. Supposedly 20,000+ hr battery life, I believe. From the info I received, they are happy with the sight as is, but weren't 100% on the mounting solution. Issues with the supplied screws or some such, which was causing the delay in release.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Where is the Romeo 1 pro made?
    China, though production is supposed to shift (or have shifted) to SIG’s new production facility in that other bastion of Communism, Oregon.

The new OR factory is supposed to be marking the new Romeo 2 and the various Army LPVO optics as well. However, I suspect the components for the R1P will still be sourced “elsewhere.”

When SIG got a contract to supply 4M carbine optics to the FBI they had them made “overseas” as parts kits and then subcontracted a Silicon Valley firm to “assemble” them in the USA. The optics were marked “Designed in Oregon, Assembled in USA” …….

This article from this past March has a bit more information, and says some specifics concerning the component sources.

It specifically mentioned there are no components of Chinese origin.

MSRP is mentioned at $780, so at that price the promises being made had better prove real.

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...t-optic/389187

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    This article from this past March has a bit more information, and says some specifics concerning the component sources.

It specifically mentioned there are no components of Chinese origin.

MSRP is mentioned at $780, so at that price the promises being made had better prove real.

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...t-optic/389187
    To clarify you are posting about the new Romeo 2, not the Romeo1PRO.

PS: I don’t ow who I trust less, Guns and Ammo or SIG.

Name:  DDD91D18-3A70-4E3D-86F5-8EAEDF9D1338.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  34.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Name:  DDD91D18-3A70-4E3D-86F5-8EAEDF9D1338.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  34.8 KB
    Assembled in the Philippines with parts from where ? 3 guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    China, though production is supposed to shift (or have shifted) to SIG’s new production facility in that other bastion of Communism, Oregon.

The new OR factory is supposed to be marking the new Romeo 2 and the various Army LPVO optics as well. However, I suspect the components for the R1P will still be sourced “elsewhere.”

When SIG got a contract to supply 4M carbine optics to the FBI they had them made “overseas” as parts kits and then subcontracted a Silicon Valley firm to “assemble” them in the USA. The optics were marked “Designed in Oregon, Assembled in USA” …….
    I am curious, what is the source of your information suggesting the Romeo 1 Pro is made in China? The Romeo 3 Max and 3XL, for example, are made in Japan, reportedly by the same factory that makes the RTS2 for C More.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am curious, what is the source of your information suggesting the Romeo 1 Pro is made in China? The Romeo 3 Max and 3XL, for example, are made in Japan, reportedly by the same factory that makes the RTS2 for C More.
    They’re not bullshitting about design and assembly locations because the components are made is the USA.

If it was made in Japan or the PI they would say so.

There are economic advantages to making something look like it comes from a friendly nation vs a pseudo enemy like China.

User Tag List