Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Romeo 1 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes. It has a great looking dot, large display, clear glass, top loading battery, and intuitive controls.
    Per GJM I came w/ in a hair of buying an R1Pro for another CORE but ended up moving a 2nd SRO to it & replacing it w/ a new gen DPP for a Stacatto.

No plate needed w/ the DPP & *maybe* the upgraded batt contacts issue was resolved, now if only our friend Lafe could get my 2nd Vice to me, 8 weeks shortly but it's a VG holster so .......
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 07-10-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    2nd Vice to me, 8 weeks shortly but it's a VG holster so .......

What is the rationale of the Vice holster? I know it's popular, but I've never felt the need to lock the gun in the holster, what am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    What is the rationale of the Vice holster? I know it's popular, but I've never felt the need to lock the gun in the holster, what am I missing?
    Sample of 1 Dave but I shoot 3G, USPSA + some ROing & like knowing when my blaster is latched it’s not going anywhere regardless of my movement.

I’ve been watching for a decent price on a Romeo1Pro for my X5 Legion, and finally found one. 3 MOA on the way, I hope I can use the OEM front sight for ease. The rear sight plate may move over to my M-18.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

It’s here. I’m a little surprised at the mounting torque specs - 30 inch-pounds. Are people following that? And are y’all using the metal hood?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I suppose I’m a little late to the Romeo party, but I finally got one mounted on my pistol. So far so good. I just got it sighted in. It’ll take a little getting used to. I’ve never shot pistol with a red dot. Im working on it though. Name:  8665D876-6008-420E-A1AE-2F81BDA4C3A1.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  72.8 KBName:  BE3FBBBF-4F1F-4D7A-ABEF-7788DB53DD16.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  52.7 KB

I just put an R1Pro on my PX4 today. The PX4 has the 'v1' LTT MOS cut, not the newer one. I used the MOS-to-R1P plate from Sig. I did torque to 28-30 inch pounds as stated in the manual and did not use any loctite or VC3. There is a small amount of thread locker on the screws that came with the plate but I didn't add any. I mounted it with the shroud just because I already had one. It's a relatively tall optic but I do like the hefty screws that are used to mount it; they definitely aren't tiny 4-40s.

Site Supporter
    Received my Romeo 1 Pro today and mounted it with the shroud to my M17. I added a bit of locktite to what was already on the screws and torqued them to 30 inch pounds. I like the supplied screws much better than the usual one's you get. I got the 6 moa version which is an improvement for my astigmatism over 2.5 or 3 moa sights. Hopefully hitting the range tomorrow.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Received my Romeo 1 Pro today and mounted it with the shroud to my M17. I added a bit of locktite to what was already on the screws and torqued them to 30 inch pounds. I like the supplied screws much better than the usual one's you get. I got the 6 moa version which is an improvement for my astigmatism over 2.5 or 3 moa sights. Hopefully hitting the range tomorrow.
    Finished the pistol, Wilson Combat Grip Module and extended slide release. Romeo 1 Pro and a Sig Flat Trigger. Streamlight TLR1HL. And an Ameriglo 260 Front Sight. It will align with the rear sight notch in the Romeo 1 Pro for a BUIS, but it is out of sight when I use the Dot, which I really like as it cuts down on clutter. All I need to do is raise the muzzle slightly to use it.

The target is getting it dialed in and then shooting at 15 and 25 yards today.

Name:  M17 Completed.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  34.5 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List