Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Romeo 1 Pro

  1. #1

    Romeo 1 Pro

    Earlier in the year, Sig announced the Romeo 1 Pro. This optic is similar to the Romeo 1, except the footprint is advertised as being the same as the Delta Point Pro. Also they say they improved the mechanism that holds dot zero with their “TruHold™ Lockless Zeroing System,” increased brightness of the dot, and offer 3 and 6 moa dots.

    Today, my wife and I received two of them. We bolted the first one onto one of her 320 X5 Legion pistols. It went on easily, and without an adapter plate, as the Legion is direct milled from the factory for a DP Pro footprint. The Romeo has a rear sight as part of its design, and it appears to pair well with the front sight on the Legion. This is it:

    Name:  7002D640-792D-4FE7-881F-9C28EF253C70.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  44.1 KB

    Name:  8FE81264-9ED5-4759-A68B-DE2C27136F30.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  23.2 KB

    Next, I tried to install the Romeo on a Gen 4 Glock 34 with a MOS plate. It wouldn’t fit, and the reason is the MOS plate has bosses that interface with the DP Pro base, and the Romeo does not have those. See picture:

    Name:  60306759-1421-495B-B77B-22202A7CEE10.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  52.5 KB

    Next, I tried to install the Romeo on a Glock slide that was direct milled by Primary Machine. The Primary cut does not have bosses, and so I was optimistic the Romeo would fit. Unfortunately, the Romeo was larger enough dimensionally, it would not fit on that slide.

    I plan to try the Romeo on an X Compact and see how that works. My wife pointed out, by way of compatibility, the DP Pro cover fits nicely on the Romeo.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  2. #2
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    I look forward to hearing more about it. I know many disparage Romeo 1 but my experience is different. I have a first generation one riding atop a gen 5 G34. Been through three multi day classes and several matches without a single issue. More than I can say about my DPP. No, I haven't tried dropping it on concrete or racking it off tables.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    “A gentleman is someone who can play the accordion, but doesn't.”
    ― Tom Waits

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post
    I look forward to hearing more about it. I know many disparage Romeo 1 but my experience is different. I have a first generation one riding atop a gen 5 G34. Been through three multi day classes and several matches without a single issue. More than I can say about my DPP. No, I haven't tried dropping it on concrete or racking it off tables.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    What plate are you using?

    Installed the second R1 Pro on an X Compact for my wife.

    Name:  F286089D-5F48-4ED7-804B-299A889A83EF.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  80.5 KB

    Name:  613B7435-92B3-4F7C-8C93-CC544F83BCBF.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  41.6 KB

    Name:  9747BF8D-9263-44CF-99A5-E20C6F29F4EA.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  73.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    In exile, behind the lines
    Very much looking forward to hearing about your experience with this optic. How is the quality of the glass? The blue tint is supposed to be much less obvious with the Pro. Hearing rumors that this is also one of the optics that has passed LAPDs Pistol Mounted Optic testing.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    East Greenwich, RI
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

    Installed the second R1 Pro on an X Compact for my wife.

    Name:  F286089D-5F48-4ED7-804B-299A889A83EF.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  80.5 KB

    Name:  613B7435-92B3-4F7C-8C93-CC544F83BCBF.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  41.6 KB

    Name:  9747BF8D-9263-44CF-99A5-E20C6F29F4EA.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  73.9 KB
    This is going to be the next blaster setup I buy. I love the feel of of the X Compact and have high hopes for the R1 Pro. Guess we will see.

  6. #6
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What plate are you using?
    I bought a Romeo mounting kit for Glock.

    Sig Sauer SOR1MK011 Romeo1 Handgun
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lander, WY USA

    Me too

    I just mounted the Romeo 1 Pro on a Legion also. Only 100 rounds fired but, so far no issues. I have a Romeo 1 on a 320C with a couple thousand rounds fired. No problems with it either.

    I haven't noticed any powder residue on the Pro from the Legion's LCI yet. I will keep an eye on that, pun intended. The Pro comes with a protective shroud that my 1 does not have.

    I will update as round count increases.

  8. #8
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post
    I bought a Romeo mounting kit for Glock.

    Sig Sauer SOR1MK011 Romeo1 Handgun
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It is important to clarify that there are two different Romeo1 PRO models.

    The Romeo1 PRO which is supposed to use the Leupold DPP footprint

    And the Romeo1 T which is supposed to be the same improved /Gen3 sight with the proprietary Romeo footprint.

    The kit you linked is for the Romeo footprint and likely will not work with the PRO.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-18-2019 at 12:35 PM.

  9. #9
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Earlier in the year, Sig announced the Romeo 1 Pro. This optic is similar to the Romeo 1, except the footprint is advertised as being the same as the Delta Point Pro. Also they say they improved the mechanism that holds dot zero with their “TruHold™ Lockless Zeroing System,” increased brightness of the dot, and offer 3 and 6 moa dots.

    Today, my wife and I received two of them. We bolted the first one onto one of her 320 X5 Legion pistols. It went on easily, and without an adapter plate, as the Legion is direct milled from the factory for a DP Pro footprint. The Romeo has a rear sight as part of its design, and it appears to pair well with the front sight on the Legion. This is it:

    Name:  7002D640-792D-4FE7-881F-9C28EF253C70.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  44.1 KB

    Name:  8FE81264-9ED5-4759-A68B-DE2C27136F30.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  23.2 KB

    Next, I tried to install the Romeo on a Gen 4 Glock 34 with a MOS plate. It wouldn’t fit, and the reason is the MOS plate has bosses that interface with the DP Pro base, and the Romeo does not have those. See picture:

    Name:  60306759-1421-495B-B77B-22202A7CEE10.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  52.5 KB

    Next, I tried to install the Romeo on a Glock slide that was direct milled by Primary Machine. The Primary cut does not have bosses, and so I was optimistic the Romeo would fit. Unfortunately, the Romeo was larger enough dimensionally, it would not fit on that slide.

    I plan to try the Romeo on an X Compact and see how that works. My wife pointed out, by way of compatibility, the DP Pro cover fits nicely on the Romeo.
    That sounds like a big FAIL for SIG. What the hell is the point of creating yet another proprietary footprint ?

  10. #10
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It is important to clarify that there are two different Romeo1 PRO models.

    The Romeo1 PRO which is supposed to use the Leupold DPP footprint

    And the Romeo1 T which is supposed to be the same improved /Gen3 sight with the proprietary Romeo footprint.

    The kit you linked is for the Romeo footprint and likely will not work with the PRO.
    Correct. As noted, my optic is gen 1 Romeo 1 and not the Pro.
    “A gentleman is someone who can play the accordion, but doesn't.”
    ― Tom Waits

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •