Thread: Aimpoint Acro P2 Optic Cut. Does this look right?

Aimpoint Acro P2 Optic Cut. Does this look right?

A friend was showing me his Glock 21 that he just got back from having the slide milled for an Aimpoint Acro P2. He wasn’t sure if the milling was done correctly or not. Was hoping someone here might know or have a slide to compare if this optic cut looks the same?

From behind the gun it’s the area on the right side of the optic cut that’s between the raised platforms and the slide serrations that is in question.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I know there were some P1 vs P2 vs MPS compatibility issues with acro cuts. That area is where the latch/bolt part fit. I wonder if they made a cutout vice just milling the whole "floor" lower.

See here:

Does his Acro fit?

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post

Does his Acro fit?
    I should have put that in the initial post; Yes, it seems to fit fine and securely, but he hasn’t shot it yet with the Acro.

That additional cut on the right side is for the foot of the clamp so the optic can mount as low as possible. Some cuts just make the entire island taller (and resulting higher optic height). I have a Maple Leaf cut 19x that is probably 2-3k rounds into a similar cut and have had no issues.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

@rayrevolver @DpdG

Thank you both for taking the time to help! I really appreciate it!
    I’ll pass along the confirmation that all is as it should be.

Site Supporter
    The work looks really solid to me and I've been paying attention for a while now due to work. And, I've been thinking about doing a G21, too, for a whitetail pistol with a direct milled ACRO. Can you tell us who did that work?
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Can you tell us who did that work?
    Maple Leaf. https://www.mapleleaffirearms.com/

Said they were really good to work with. He called prior to deciding to use them and they were a big help with helping him choose iron sights, etc. A little less than a six week turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post

Said they were really good to work with. He called prior to deciding to use them and they were a big help with helping him choose iron sights, etc. A little less than a six week turnaround.
    Hard to beat Maple Leaf. They’ve done a bunch of slides for me, and @GJM as well.

Another +1 for John at Maple Leaf. I have probably had four or five slides done by them and have always been pleased.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post

I've heard good things about them from their main competitor, Vulcan Machine Werks and owner Jeremy Daugherty. That says a lot to me.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List