Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 with Red Dot cut

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Attachment 58246

Got my new hotness in today... Thanks LTT!
    Damn that was quick, did you just buy the gun or was the slide milling that quick a turn around?

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92x View Post
    Damn that was quick, did you just buy the gun or was the slide milling that quick a turn around?
    Bought the whole gun. Ordered it on the 24th, arrived today. The 31st...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    OK, everything is up on YouTube, and the site should be live for orders. Right now, we can sell complete guns, and we can take in your slides for modification. New slides are coming, so hopefully, we will be able to sell slides and top ends in the coming weeks. Right now, we are only going to work on Vertec style slides. So that means Vertecs, M9A3, Elite LTTs, 92X, and also 92A1/96A1. The reason for this is the CNC machines are set up and programmed for that deck hight as well as the way the adaptor plates are made. We have done our best to keep the price down, but keep in mind we have to rebuild the top end on every gun, no matter how new it is. The new Firing pin, new firing pin block, new extractor pin, Modified G lever, and modified safety plunger all have to be swapped out. Not to mention we include the backup iron sights as well as screws for both RMR and Holosun dots.

If you go to the YouTube videos, you can see the full drop test we did on the gun as well to prove the slide internal parts. 6 drops onto the hammer from 6 feet onto concrete. If you think the drop test video I did years ago was sickening, just wait.

The bottom line, I am super proud of this project. This has been a long road and a huge investment on our part to make this happen. I really think it is going to be exactly what you all want.
    Since my m9a1 compact slide is off the docket do you have a eta of compact slides for sale sans barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Since my m9a1 compact slide is off the docket do you have a eta of compact slides for sale sans barrel?
    We hope to have slides within a month or so.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Going to get in a few compact slides as well?

Is there any issues with swapping slides back and forth, barrel fit, and barrel wear?

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Is there any issues with swapping slides back and forth, barrel fit, and barrel wear?
    I would highly recommend that you are changing a whole top end and not just the slide. The frame will likely be fine if it is in good condition, but swapping barrels around and playing adult legos with your Beretta 92 can lead to issues. At the very least, your used barrel should get a new locking block to go with your new slide.

Speaking of "Adult Legos," I see people on here all the time doing the lego thing; "look, I can put my brigader slide on my compact frame; it's my favorite" .......Don't do that!

Full-size slides go onto full-size frames.

Centurion and compact slides go on the centurion and compact frames.

You should not build yourself a Centurion by putting a compact slide on your full-size frame, or vice versa! There are multiple differences between them.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Thank you. I was wondering why there would be a benefit to buying a slide instead of sending off your current slide to get milled. Sounds like sending my current slide in would be a better option.

I would highly recommend that you are changing a whole top end and not just the slide. The frame will likely be fine if it is in good condition, but swapping barrels around and playing adult legos with your Beretta 92 can lead to issues. At the very least, your used barrel should get a new locking block to go with your new slide.

Speaking of "Adult Legos," I see people on here all the time doing the lego thing; "look, I can put my brigader slide on my compact frame; it's my favorite" .......Don't do that!

You should not build yourself a Centurion by putting a compact slide on your full-size frame, or vice versa! There are multiple differences between them.

I’ve done the Centurion conversion to a fullsize frame a few times. First was with an M9 frame and a 96 Cent upper. It worked, but I didn’t shoot it very much before I swapped a 96D Brigadier upper on.
    2nd time was using 90-two frame because it has the built in buffer. But again, I didn’t put very many rounds through it & it now has another 96D Brigadier upper on it. (The original 90-two upper is on a 96A1 lower with the Dash controls.)

The last time I “made” a Centurion the right way. Using a genuine Centurion frame as a guide I cut back the frame rails a bit and also cut back the shelf inside of the dust cover to allow the shorter slide to get the longer travel that Beretta engineers decided was a good thing. I also used the correct takedown lever that moves the head of the guiderod back a little. I’m also planning on doing a few more mods to the frame like those that come on the LTT Elite.

And then I bought another factory 96D Centurion to convert to DA/SA.

User Tag List