Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 with Red Dot cut

Site Supporter

Beretta 92 with Red Dot cut

I was on instagram today and saw a picture from JJ Racaza of a 92x with a red dot. The one thing keeping me from dumping the 226 and going to the beretta was the red dot, and hopefully this will meander its way to the other models as an option. Just an interesting post and figured others would like to see it as well. Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 4.29.16 PM.jpg
Views: 43291
Size:  50.7 KB

Hammertime
    Would like to know more. @e_stern?

Seems to me the 92X Performance does better with this because the safety is on the frame. It also doesn’t look like they cut the slide so much as used a mount that is rounded underneath to fit the slide.

Kinda looks like this (and it is a Fastfire in the picture), but the description says it replaces the rear sight.

92 Series Docter Red Dot Sight Mount by Burris

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I’d say a rounded flush mount. The configuration of the firing pin safety on the 92 is going to make a cut very difficult. I believe LTT is trying to engineer a work around.

As much as I love the lines of the 92’s... if someone designed a new slide that covered the barrel at least partly, it could be flat enough for any optic on the market. Some kind of “bridge” for lack of a better term.

Of course there’s no free lunch. Finding suitable holsters would be a nightmare.

If they just mount the adapter on top of the slide, it seems that it's thickness might be just about equal to the distance the firing pin block rises. So no problem. But since most all others machine the slide I wonder how long that will stay fixed vs the machined slides.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    As much as I love the lines of the 92’s... if someone designed a new slide that covered the barrel at least partly, it could be flat enough for any optic on the market. Some kind of “bridge” for lack of a better term.

Of course there’s no free lunch. Finding suitable holsters would be a nightmare.
    Closed slide Beretta 92 = Llama 82.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llama_M82

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post

There was a slide sold years ago (Prometheus Design? I can't remember the outfit) that was supposedly made for the SEALs. It was a closed design to supposedly help keep sand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    There was a slide sold years ago (Prometheus Design? I can't remember the outfit) that was supposedly made for the SEALs. It was a closed design to supposedly help keep sand out.
    I think it was Phobrus? Searched but can't find anything online.

User Tag List