Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you sell your Benelli M4??

Would you sell your Benelli M4??

I’d keep it, and make it 922r compliant if it’s not already. I prefer ARs for home defense, but you never know what the future will bring. I want to have at least one capable shotgun and the M4 is definitely top tier.

On the other hand, I would’ve trade my 922r compliant Gen2 1301 with all the Aridus mods for your M4.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-18-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

The racks are lined with used shotguns at my LGS. Fewer people using them these days I guess. I have 3 or 4 in my safe that never see the light of day. Like you say, they just aren't that handy in a HD situation. I keep all of my firearms in my safe except for my carry. I'm away from home a lot and I just don't like firearms laying around unsecure. I've never had a breakin but I had a rifle stolen by a guy I hired to do some work inside our house awhile back. Everything goes in the safe now when I'm not at home. My safe is in the basement so it's a PIA to be in and out of that thing numerous times everyday.

It's a bad time to be selling a firearm, especially a tactical shotgun. The market is absolutely flooded with those things like AR's. I would just keep it until after the next election. You should have no problem selling it then. Warren will be a great for gun sales.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-18-2019 at 08:57 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I wouldn't sell mine, however I shoot mine.

I've bought and sold dozens and dozens of guns over the years. If I don't shoot it it should probably go.

I don't collect guns. But some people do.
    Yeah, it makes about as much sense as collecting shovels.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I'd sell that thing in a heartbeat. You don't use it and you probably never will. It's just collecting dust. If you're like me every time you see it, in the back of your mind, you think "I should sell that thing."

Site Supporter
    About pump guns. We can spend more money on attachments than we spent on the gun itself. I urge friends to keep the 870 or Mossberg. Selling will result in a loss. About short shorting. It can occur. But frequently occurring short shucking with the same gun might indicate that the gun has a defect. Remingtons 870's have an idiosyncrasy that permits what we think is short shucking, but actually is not. I will make this subject a separate post. I learned the technical information in a state training program in 1981.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I wouldn't sell mine, however I shoot mine.

I've bought and sold dozens and dozens of guns over the years. If I don't shoot it it should probably go.

I don't collect guns. But some people do.
    That's mostly me as well. I've traded, mostly, but have sold a few. I can't think of any I regret no longer having.

I do kinda collect, though nothing on the scale (numbers or "impressiveness") of several folks here, though. Mostly a function of being too cheap, not a lack of thinking various guns are cool to own simply for the joy of ownership.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    If you change your mind on that, Sentinel Concepts (Steve Fisher) is a solid shotgun instructor based in MI. I don't see any upcoming classes tho.

MDFI does have a Foundational Shotgun class coming up in May 2020 in Port Huron.

Fisher is based in MI but he is on the road around 250 days a year. Most of is MI classes are pistol classes on an indoor range in the dead of winter.

I appreciate all of you in your efforts to stop me from doing something stupid. I'm taking the advice and holding onto my M4. I stripped all of the accessories off minus the C-Stock and listed them on eBay. With what used Aimpoints are selling for it will probably net me more than selling the gun with everything attached.

User Tag List