Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elijah Cummings just croaked

Hopefully, this event consumes little of the 24-hour news cycle. The Dems have a secret impeachment to get on with and it would be a shame for the media to miss a minute of it.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    I worked with several people who fit the profile of the deceased person's constituency. All vociferously opposed the Texas concealed carry law, but every single one owned handguns and carried them when traveling. I can't explain the mindset and can't make a valid generalization from my small sample. However, some people think that it's ok if they do certain things, but they wish not to extend the privilege to others. The term elitist pops up in my dim brain.

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    No, that was Charlie Rangel:
    https://dailycaller.com/2016/06/22/r...tection-audio/

Cummings did not want ICE notified when illegals tried to purchase guns:
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...-guns-n2541642
    Thanks for the correction.

Either way I don’t celebrate his passing ....but I am weary of being told by elected strangers what I or others do or don’t deserve.

He overcame a whole damn lot in life. It's just terribly sad to see what the swamp does to those who go there. I won't shed a tear for him no longer being in congress, but as a man living life he was a good one before he went to D.C. R.I.P.

Site Supporter
    https://twitter.com/TGowdySC/status/1184827474443673600

Edited to combine tweets.

Elijah Cummings was one of the most powerful, beautiful & compelling voices in American politics. The power and the beauty came from his authenticity, his conviction, the sincerity with which he held his beliefs. We rarely agreed on political matters. We never had a cross word outside of a committee room. He had a unique ability to separate the personal from the work. The story of Elijah's life would benefit everyone, regardless of political ideation. The obstacles, barriers, and roadblocks he overcame, the external and sometimes internal doubt that whispered in the ear of a young Elijah Cummings. He beat it all. He beat the odds. He beat the low expectations of that former school employee who told Elijah to abandon the dream of being a lawyer, that he would never become a lawyer, to settle for a job with his hands and not his mind. Elijah loved telling that story because that school employee wound up being Elijah's first client as a lawyer. We live in an age where we see people on television a couple of times and we think we know them and what they are about. It is true Elijah was a proud progressive with a booming, melodious voice who found himself in the middle of most major political stories over the past decade. It is inescapable that be part of his legacy. But his legacy also includes the path he took to become one of the most powerful political figures of his time. It is a path filled with pain, prejudice, obstacles and doubt that he refused to let stop him. His legacy is perseverance. His legacy is fighting through the pain. His legacy is making sure there were fewer obstacles for the next Elijah Cummings. His legacy to me, above all else, was his faith. A faith in God that is being rewarded today with no more fights, no more battles, and no more pain.
    All I saw was his politics, so, posted without further comment. Again, RIP.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

How people govern is indicative of their character. I'll let someone else mourn his passing.

Site Supporter
    I have no shortage of progressive family members, so you won't see me spitting on the grave of someone who believes differently from me.

While I doubt I would miss his presence as a politician, I wish peace and comfort to those who would be brokenhearted by his passing. I don't have to agree with someone to be sympathetic about their death. RIP

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Mark Twain said something like: I revel in no mans death, but there are obituaries that I delight in reading.

Actually, no. He was an evil scumbag (as are all communists) and I hope where he is he's feeling the dry heat.

Cat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I worked with several people who fit the profile of the deceased person's constituency. All vociferously opposed the Texas concealed carry law, but every single one owned handguns and carried them when traveling. I can't explain the mindset and can't make a valid generalization from my small sample. However, some people think that it's ok if they do certain things, but they wish not to extend the privilege to others. The term elitist pops up in my dim brain.
    The term you are looking for is hypocrite.

"Donald Trump will not serve a second term in my lifetime."

User Tag List