Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Admiral McRaven Running for President?

Is Admiral McRaven Running for President?

What other reason would he have for launching this salvo at the Twitter-in-Chief:

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/08/...-mr-president/

After all, he stepped down as Chanselor of UT Austin this year giving him a lot of spare time, and only so much can be dedicated to making his bed.

Assuming he is, under what party? Rumor has it that he was on Hilda Beast’s short list for VP but got passed over in favor of the Senate’s version of Mr. Garrison. Moreover, I image that he would be as popular as a hemorrhoid to the Pocahontas wing of the Democrat Party. I can’t see him trying to primary Trump given his very questionable 2A credentials while at UT. The fact that he no longer lives in his parent’s basement rules out the Libertarian Party. Perhaps some other third party run like that other great Texan, H. Ross Perot?

Anyway, $20 says that Mattis had to choke Trump out to keep him from Tweeting that McRaven is a pathetic loser.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    What other reason would he have for launching this salvo at the Twitter-in-Chief:

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/08/...-mr-president/

After all, he stepped down as Chanselor of UT Austin this year giving him a lot of spare time, and only so much can be dedicated to making his bed.

Assuming he is, under what party? Rumor has it that he was on Hilda Beast’s short list for VP but got passed over in favor of the Senate’s version of Mr. Garrison. Moreover, I image that he would be as popular as a hemorrhoid to the Pocahontas wing of the Democrat Party. I can’t see him trying to primary Trump given his very questionable 2A credentials while at UT. The fact that he no longer lives in his parent’s basement rules out the Libertarian Party. Perhaps some other third party run like that other great Texan, H. Ross Perot?

Anyway, $20 says that Mattis had to choke Trump out to keep him from Tweeting that McRaven is a pathetic loser.
    Not a loser, just a fool.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Or, maybe, he’s an honorable man
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Or not.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Every damn one of them....Trump, Brennen and McRaven are behaving like teenage mean girls in how they handle themselves in both public and their Twitter wars. I despise Clapper and you can just add him to the list, but as the guy who just says stupid stuff. I am basically disgusted with the entire bunch. His is not how professionals act. How some of these folks got to the positions they are in boggles my mind.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Yeah, what DB said. Very disappointed in how he responded to this. Never been a fan of, or trusted, Brennan (or Trump, for that matter). Mcraven is sullying himself getting involved at all.

McRaven is a political creature. SEAL or not you can’t rise to the rank of Admiral without having a knack for political maneuvering. That applies in any administration and any service branch. It is what it is.

He got himself a gig making a mint ($1.2MM supposedly) leading a liberal university in a crazy liberal town, in a liberal county. He is pandering based on the direction of the winds in his AO, so he can keep his cushy job and maybe branch out into some real $$ as a true politician.

Is t he the guy who thought civilians have no need for AR15’s a while back??

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    McRaven is a political creature. SEAL or not you can’t rise to the rank of Admiral without having a knack for political maneuvering. That applies in any administration and any service branch. It is what it is.

He got himself a gig making a mint ($1.2MM supposedly) leading a liberal university in a crazy liberal town, in a liberal county. He is pandering based on the direction of the winds in his AO, so he can keep his cushy job and maybe branch out into some real $$ as a true politician.

Is t he the guy who thought civilians have no need for AR15’s a while back??
    Sorry, us Austinites can't hear you over the sound of 3.1% unemployment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Sorry, us Austinites can't hear you over the sound of 3.1% unemployment.
    What??? I can’t hear you. The hill country views from my office are blocking your voice.

McRaven > draft dodger, liar, reality TV buffoon, russian sycophant, and thief

User Tag List