Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Salomons

I live in Solomon’s on and off duty. Quest 4D non GTX are one of the most popular boots for the guys in my sector, they wear good, have great traction and ankle support. The aero low and mids are my summertime off duty shoe. My feet are shaped like bricks and the toe box is plenty for me to wiggle my toes. I have leather low tops for when it gets cold and really like the mids for range work.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Hah I have those same feet. I’d love to hear any comments on what other types of shoes have worked for you...

I’ve personally done ok with Oboz for light hiking, and Ecco for casual/semi-dressy. Allen Edmunds used to fit me but I’ve been having problems with the last couple pair causing hot spots on my heels.
    Keens, New Balance (typically 2E), Merrells. My current duty boots are Garmonts. Current running shoes are Saucony. I didn’t like them at first but broke in well. Their wife’s and I had to size up one half size. I actually size up a half size on most shoes. I can get away with shoes that are a little big and not get blisters. I’m wearing a pair of Lems chukkas for work and so far they’re very comfortable. I wouldn’t hike in them though. I want to try a pair of their Boulder Boots too but waiting for a sale.

I also have a really high arch but anything with an arch support is painful. I tend to get shoes that are low drop and I really like minimalist shoes even though they have fallen out of favor with most. I don’t do dress shoes very often. I don’t remember the brand of my current dress shoes. They’re very comfortable though. Might be Eccos?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

wrong thread
    Last edited by Wondering Beard; 10-17-2019 at 10:44 PM.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Salomons run true to size in length, but can be a little snug in width depending on the model. I have a pair of these https://www.salomon.com/en-us/shop/p...html#1191=9554
    and like them way better than Merrells or Keens. I have a wide foot and a 13 wide in the XA Pro fit perfect.
    Leaning towards these.
    #RESIST

I have more Salomon shoes than any other brand. It’s like they used my foot to design them. My favorites include:

XA Forces boot
    Reelax moc
    SpeedCross
    Fellraiser
    Sense Escape 2 (I wear these nearly every day)
    Outline Mid GTX boot (just got these and freaking love them)
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I have the Salomon XA Pro 3D (no GTX) and a pair of Vasque Mantra GTX shoes. Both are great shoes. I have worn the Vasques on a few winter backpacking trips and they were great (with gaiters) and are still a very comfortable and dry shoe. They have more room in the toe box than the Salomons.

The Salomons are great too. The heel is more elevated than the Vasques but that is not an issue for me. The XA PRO 3D are also a little more narrow than the Mantra. Love the lace system on the XA.

The Mantra feels like a good boot while the XA feels like a beefy shoe. Both are great shoes. I wear the XA in dry weather and the Mantra in wet weather.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List