Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Karl Sokol Custom Browning Hi-Power

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Cool. What are you asking him to do?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    $750 Package + the custom safety build up on a much carried but little shot aluminum frame.

Karl seemed positive on the project even though it was aluminum. I went with the painted coating as there was a fair amount of deep wear on the dust cover. I believe they were motorcycle carried guns, as there was some shiny coming through from holster wear but almost pristine elsewhere on the frame.

For those who hadn’t shot the aluminum frames, they are surprisingly snappy. It does feel different on the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    $750 Package + the custom safety build up on a much carried but little shot aluminum frame. I went with the painted coating as there was a fair amount of deep wear on the dust cover.
    Nice! I bet it'll be a nice gun once finished.

Don Williams has done a couple builds on those and I've often wondered about picking one up as a builder. My idea would be to use something like my Sokol as a "trainer" and the aluminum gun as a "carry."

Got the much anticipated "your gun is finished" email this morning and have a final payment check in the mail. Depending on the speed of the USPS getting Karl his money and FedEx or UPS getting the gun back to me I'm guessing I'll see the gun Christmas week.

Anyone have preferences on posting info and photos? Put them here when I have the gun or start a new thread?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    ...Anyone have preferences on posting info and photos? Put them here when I have the gun or start a new thread?
    Both, of course.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    Both, of course.
    Teaser pic sent by Karl. Is it possible that this is the same gun I sent him?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

One of the right side.

Note the shortened slide stop axle. It had actually been flushed up with the side of the frame previously but I asked Karl to dimple it. Now it should be more easily pushed out using a cartridge, pen, etc.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Beautiful. I am a big fan of Karl’s work.

Love the HiPower specific Heinie. The only sight as nice is a Low mounted, deluxe cut Bomar on a 1911

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Love the HiPower specific Heinie. The only sight as nice is a Low mounted, deluxe cut Bomar on a 1911
    *cough* hardball *cough*
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    *cough* hardball *cough*
    uh, no. LOL

User Tag List