Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $20,000 Glocks in PNG?

Site Supporter
    The Australian has also learned that PNG’s police force paid nearly $20,000 each for 20 Glock pistols worth about $10,000 each in PNG and $1600 if purchased online from the US.
    Is that in PGK (I googled it), USD, or Australian Dollarydoos?

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    Is that in PGK (I googled it), USD, or Australian Dollarydoos?
    Aussie dollars.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Aussie dollars.
    They're worth $10,000 each in PNG? Even though they can be purchased for $1,600 (which still seems like a lot)?

I'm not trying to be argumentative... I just don't understand the discrepancy? Are shipping/customs that high?

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    They're worth $10,000 each in PNG? Even though they can be purchased for $1,600 (which still seems like a lot)?

I'm not trying to be argumentative... I just don't understand the discrepancy? Are shipping/customs that high?
    Guns are basically banned here. Wealthy politicians are pretty much the only people who can get legal guns. The criminals just get theirs from Indonesia.

So, as far as that goes, I have no idea, because I'm just an American expat who works over here.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List