Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW RUGER BLACKHAWK "CARRYHAWK"

Site Supporter
    I’m thinking a flat top Blackhawk with the birds head grip will be worth trying. They make them in .357/9mm and 45 colt/45 acp

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I finally picked up my my new vaquero. It feels great in my hand. I like the short barrel and the bird heads grip feels good. I like that Ruger put the usual barrel billboard on the bottom of the barrel and it says .45 ACP on the frame. All edges are broken. I can’t wait to order a pancake holster and a Milt sparks summer special. The action pins are too long. I suspect that Blackhawk pins were used and with the new vaquero frame they stick out on the left side. I will contact Ruger. If it shoots as good as it feels I will find somebody to improve the fixed sights.
    I bought the stainless version of this Vaquero over two years in 44mag. I had a serious illness last year and sold off my collection of big bore singles except for this one. It's the only single action I own now and I will keep it, it was too good to let go...... It is an outstanding shooter, the birds head grip shape is really good, way more comfortable and carries easier with my IWB leather. I do some .44spl plinking with it as well. The only change I made to it was replacing the hammer spring with a 50% reduction spring I found on ebay when I first bought it. Love the design and function....
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uRBvMzKZEFY

Last edited by Russ856; 11-23-2019 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Accidental post.

We have some coming in,hopefully this Friday,if not,early next week.

Vaquero in .44Mag

50% reduced hammer spring, custom wood, best handgun I’ve ever owned.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

So, the Carryhawk that I ordered came in, and I had a chance to go fondle it in person. Bottom line up front: it’s great. Better looking in person, and with a feature set that just works in the hand. The trigger is a bit wider than standard Blackhawk fare—meaning a bit more leverage and control over the release; sort of reminds me of a scaled-up J-frame smooth target trigger in feel. The hammer spur is a touch lower than my other SAs—though not Bisley feeling—and possessed of a wider spur with aggressive checkering that makes it easy to work, even single-handed. Of course, the sights are great for worn-out eyes.

The fit and action on this one is excellent; on par with other special runs (eg. 50th anniversary), and the matte finish looks killer, if a bit strike-a-match rough by design. The balance is excellent, despite the larger frame, what with the weighty, non-fluted cylinder and flat-sided 4" barrel. In short, it’s a cool SA wheelie that feels a lot better than it looks on paper. 2 cylinders included, natch.

Current events dictate that I let this one go to the next guy on the waitlist, but I will be grabbing one of these things for sure at some point down the road.

FWIW.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Do you carry it or tote it?

I have a stainless 5.5 Blackhawk, a 45 convertible. I like the idea of 45acp since long colt isn't exactly jumping off the shelf. That said, it is a heavy revolver. I knew that going in, but to call this new a "Carryhawk" for me is a little much. The name Carryhawk in my mind means CCW. The weight let alone the size precludes that.....just my opinion. As far as a Blackhawk goes, I think it is a cool piece in appearance and execution. Definitely and attention getter.

Mine.

Rosewood grips from eBay seller mazdaman4.

Crossdraw from Mernickle.

True love...

Farswot
    Name:  DSC01798.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  27.8 KB
    Name:  DSC01800.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  32.0 KB
    Name:  DSC01799.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  33.4 KB

Bump the necro thread, because, .44mag carryhawk, bitchezz!

https://ruger.com/products/newModelS...eets/0875.html

Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Bump the necro thread, because, .44mag carryhawk, bitchezz!

https://ruger.com/products/newModelS...eets/0875.html

Pretty cool.
    Ultimate hipster gun.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List