Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW RUGER BLACKHAWK "CARRYHAWK"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I did one similar, with an aluminum GF a few years back. Fun ACP launcher.

Lost, somehow the brighter frame on yours really trips my trigger (pun very much intended), but the "black matt carbon" offering from Ruger - not so much. I guess I like my wheelguns shiny.
    Last edited by 11B10; 10-30-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Luke Short was involved in a shooting, in Fort Worth, where a thumb may have been shot off.

Those are the only items in that article that resemble an actual event.

That shooting took place outside of Ella Blackwell’s brothel in 1887.

The other participant was a corrupt LEO known as “Longhair Jim” Courtright, who was running a protection racket, which he tried to push on Short, owner of the White Elephant Saloon.

Short was the winner. Courtright reached for his gun first, but never got a shot off as Short drilled him four times at close range.

Legend has it that Short’s first round blew Courtrights thumb off. Bat Masterson witnessed the shooting and never mentioned the thumb. Considering Masterson was writing for a NY newspaper at the time and had no compunction about profiting from his experiences in the west, it’s doubtful he would have left out such a juicy detail.

Luke Short had rubbed elbows with all the famous Dodge City lawmen but was really only known for one shooting prior to Courtright.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Lost, somehow the brighter frame on yours really trips my trigger (pun very much intended), but the "black matt carbon" offering from Ruger - not so much. I guess I like my wheelguns shiny.

The grip frame on my little 45 ACP flattop is an aluminum one. I replaced that stainless one that came on it from the factory in order to reduce weight. It is very easy to strip the matte black off of these in minutes with some blue remover type stuff, as I did it years ago on my large frame .45 convertible:

The cool thing about these guns is that you can mix and match them to get what you want with a little effort and some time.

I stripped the frame on my single six and Blackhawk as well. I love the look.

I love SA revolvers but trying to modernize them into something they're not is perverted.

I keep one in the ranch truck for putting down animals and I have one that I pull out and practice with occasionally as they are fun to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I love SA revolvers but trying to modernize them into something they're not is perverted.

I keep one in the ranch truck for putting down animals and I have one that I pull out and practice with occasionally as they are fun to shoot.
    I’ve heard the same said about the venerable 1911... (ducks.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    The grip frame on my little 45 ACP flattop is an aluminum one. I replaced that stainless one that came on it from the factory in order to reduce weight. It is very easy to strip the matte black off of these in minutes with some blue remover type stuff, as I did it years ago on my large frame .45 convertible:

The cool thing about these guns is that you can mix and match them to get what you want with a little effort and some time.

Ohmyohmyohmy! These are very good looking revolvers. Umm, back to the "shiny one," have you ever weighed it?
    Last edited by 11B10; 10-31-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve heard the same said about the venerable 1911... (ducks.)
    Because the 1911 and the SAA are almost the same thing. That's why you see so many top level competitors shooting SAAs and not to mention all the SAAs in use by Elite military and LE branches to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Because the 1911 and the SAA are almost the same thing. That's why you see so many top level competitors shooting SAAs and not to mention all the SAAs in use by Elite military and LE branches to this day.
    Ooooh - salty!

(Just jerking your chain)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I like the Wiley Clapp GP100s and 1911s but I’m not getting this one. I like the idea but I will buy a stainless Blackhawk Flat top convertible in 45 cal instead soon. I just ordered a Talo Ruger model 5154 New Vaquero in .45 ACP. I was thinking about buying a SAA clone but I will stick with the Rugers for now. This is a stock photo of the one I ordered. I will have to call Milt Sparks next week.
    Name:  9E74E176-FA21-42CD-89E6-E6634A20D33B.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  27.3 KB

User Tag List