Thread: NEW RUGER BLACKHAWK "CARRYHAWK"

NEW RUGER BLACKHAWK "CARRYHAWK"

http://www.taloinc.com/ruger-firearm...leys-carryhawk

A new revolver from Ruger,looks neat.Release date is 10/20/19

Name:  00477_NEW_MODEL_BLACKHAWK_Sd_Rt.jpg
Views: 4018
Size:  24.3 KB

Site Supporter
    I'm not in the market for another gun, but that is pretty nifty.

Chris

Dammit. *Another* gun that will have to dissappear into WA state’s byzantine background check apparatus. I am so in on this.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

An interesting combination of features. I would have preferred a Bisley hammer to the Super Blackhawk hammer but it is nice to have the lowered hammer spur. The birdshead grip looks cool but with heavy loads I suspect quite a few people will find the hammer spur biting their wrists. The birdshead is great for fast handling and concealment but I wouldn't want to fire anything heavier than a mid-range 45 Colt with it. Should be fine with standard 45 ACP.

If it is indeed used as a self defense tool, on purpose, a fairly light .45 Colt load should be an asskicker. I'm not sure I could talk myself into it, but hell, there are people running around out there with .380s.

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    An interesting combination of features. I would have preferred a Bisley hammer to the Super Blackhawk hammer but it is nice to have the lowered hammer spur. The birdshead grip looks cool but with heavy loads I suspect quite a few people will find the hammer spur biting their wrists. The birdshead is great for fast handling and concealment but I wouldn't want to fire anything heavier than a mid-range 45 Colt with it. Should be fine with standard 45 ACP.
    Agreed. It’s a cool and unusual plinker/garbage disposal for cheap .45 acp ammo with great sights for the aging SA wheelie fan.

Which I can totally get behind.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Of course, I like the new Ruger but must point out that it is still a big heavy handgun. Why not a 3 inch barrel version with fixed sights. Why not a fluted cylinder to reduce weight and an aluminum grip frame to reduce it further?

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Of course, I like the new Ruger but must point out that it is still a big heavy handgun. Why not a 3 inch barrel version with fixed sights. Why not a fluted cylinder to reduce weight and an aluminum grip frame to reduce it further?
    Because, except for the aluminum grip frame (which has never been made in the birdshead configuration) Ruger already does make that gun, albeit with a 3.75" barrel:

https://www.ruger.com/products/vaque...eets/5154.html
    Last edited by oregon45; 10-15-2019 at 06:52 PM.

I was checking in on a forum last night where they were declaring the 12-gauge shotgun totally surpassed and rendered useless by the carbine in all respects.

I come here and folks are excited about a single-action carry revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post

I did one similar, with an aluminum GF a few years back. Fun ACP launcher.

User Tag List