Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW RUGER BLACKHAWK "CARRYHAWK"

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If someone needs an upgrade to their Sharpfinger - the Bark River Fingerling in 3V would be the choice -

https://www.dlttrading.com/bark-rive...eatured&page=1
    lol. I paid a lot less for my Schrade back in the mid 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    lol. I paid a lot less for my Schrade back in the mid 80s.
    Of course you did. You'd pay a lot less for a Schrade right now, too. The Bark River is a semi-custom knife, using 3V, which is a premium blade steel and they are ground and finished by hand, where a Schrade is not.

A Schrade is a Glock, a Bark River is a closer to a Wilson semi-custom 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    A sharpfinger in a homemade front pocket sheath was my middle school go-to.
    Dude, you were a bad-ass. My middle school go-to was a Schrade Cliphanger like this:

Name:  1491238817_177_183_1.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  41.5 KB

There’s some dude doing pikal grinds on these, IIRC.
    That is Zulu Bravo Kydex - https://www.zulubravokydex.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    You guys keep costing me money; those bark river fingerlings look nice. My hunting knife in the eighties was a sharp finger.
    Old Timer/Schrade Sharpfingers can still be had on the used market with a little searching, and are often worth the asking price, as they are not terribly expensive knives. Just make sure you get one of the older, USA made ones. They started making them in the mid 70s, and made them here until the early 2000s. I remember reading somewhere that the early ones were of a high carbon steel. I don't know steel types from strawberries, so I can't help there.

Shades of Andy Horvath...

Site Supporter
    I finally picked up my my new vaquero. It feels great in my hand. I like the short barrel and the bird heads grip feels good. I like that Ruger put the usual barrel billboard on the bottom of the barrel and it says .45 ACP on the frame. All edges are broken. I can’t wait to order a pancake holster and a Milt sparks summer special. The action pins are too long. I suspect that Blackhawk pins were used and with the new vaquero frame they stick out on the left side. I will contact Ruger. If it shoots as good as it feels I will find somebody to improve the fixed sightsName:  D80B421E-D145-46A7-AB35-EAD0951E43E4.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  56.6 KB

That’s a great gun, @Poconnor, and you are going to like shooting it—but I agree that those pins aren’t right. That probably is a trip back to Ruger, but they’ll slick it up a little while it’s there. I’ve had to send 2 Ruger SAs back for stupid QC issues, but they both returned with triggers like my 50th Anniversary, so I’ve come to hope that each SA I buy going forward will have similar minor niggles.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I wonder if I can talk Ruger into putting a bisley hammer on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I wonder if I can talk Ruger into putting a bisley hammer on it?
    That gun, with a bisley hammer and better sights, would be a great first/only/forever SA wheelie.

Soon, my friend, soon... you will understand why I am so hot ‘n bothered by the idea of a six-shot 9mm version built on the single-seven birdshead frame—which fits in 4" K-frame leather perfectly, btw.

Just saying.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Every time I get myself talked out of a Vaquero Birdshead, or the upcoming "Carryhawk", or the Ruger Single Seven 327 Birdshead, this thread pops up.

I would love to hear how that Vaquero shoots after you get it to the range. I'm sure it will shoot awesomely, because that would make getting another Ruger single action revolver even more tempting for me.

I've been checking almost daily, and it seems that the Carryhawk still hasn't made its way to any web stores. But that Vaquero looks so good, I think I might be over my Carryhawk syndrome, wanting one of those fantastic Vaquero Birdsheads instead. Maybe.
    Ordinary guy

User Tag List