Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW RUGER BLACKHAWK "CARRYHAWK"

A Single-Action sixgun is the perfect accessory for the practice of shinrin-yoku.

https://qz.com/804022/health-benefit...orest-bathing/
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    A Single-Action sixgun is the perfect accessory for the practice of shinrin-yoku.

Heh. Right on.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

That shit doesn't fly in gator country.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I like this one more than the Talo.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    That shit doesn't fly in gator country.

I like this one more than the Talo.
    Tree gators?

Edited to add: Well, OK; just don’t choose Bald Cypress and Water Tupelo tress.
    Last edited by Rex G; 10-16-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Heh. Right on.
    Yep, who’d a thunk? In the Sixties and Seventies, runnin’ around barefoot in the SE Texas woods, I was inventing, or really re-inventing, something that the Japanese would discover, and name, in the Eighties?

Don’t tread on volcanos!

My understanding is that barefoot and timber rattlers aren't necessarily a good combination, but hey, what do I know??

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I guess I don't get the attraction to a hybrid of cowboy romanticism and modern carry revolver.
    Some things under the harsh objective light of reality simply don't make a lot of sense. While I have, and tremendously enjoy my stainless Ruger Blackhawk with a 4.6" barrel and tuned action, while hunting this year, I carried either my Glock G21 or G22, with Underwood Lehigh ammunition. I had the Blackhawk (and carried it while doing some semi-rural hikes with my wife before the hunting weekend), objectively it was tough to select it over the Glocks for defensive back-up carry, given the convenience, weight, action simplicity, and weather imperviousness of the Glocks(my primary hunting implement this year were rifles).

But I still like and appreciate the Blackhawk. I don't feel under-armed with it in most scenarios where I'd carry it (wilderness hiking, hunting), but it probably makes more sense as a primary choice for handgun hunting (in my case, deer) than for defensive back-up (against black bear, mountain lion, feral dogs in my area). The last times I hunted with it, I also concurrently carried one of the Glocks in a tactical thigh holster as a defensive back-up.

Single-action revolvers for me are a compendium of nostalgia, challenge, appreciation of a well-executed gun, and just plain fun. Sometimes we're entitled to that...

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Yep, who’d a thunk? In the Sixties and Seventies, runnin’ around barefoot in the SE Texas woods, I was inventing, or really re-inventing, something that the Japanese would discover, and name, in the Eighties?
    NC and TN here, but yeah.

Though, we did have water moccasins and snapping turtles in NC and rattlesnakes in TN, so it wasn't all lighthearted.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    My understanding is that barefoot and timber rattlers aren't necessarily a good combination, but hey, what do I know??

Best, Jon
    Western Diamondback, Water Moccasin, and Copperhead, here, plus ‘gators and snappin’ turtles. We kept some well-worn trails, and waded in the shallower sections of Slap-Out Gully; watch where ya step.

Just before I started sixth grade, I became sensitive to poison ivy, which ended the care-free days.
    Last edited by Rex G; 10-16-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List