Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW RUGER BLACKHAWK "CARRYHAWK"

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I like the Wiley Clapp GP100s and 1911s but I’m not getting this one. I like the idea but I will buy a stainless Blackhawk Flat top convertible in 45 cal instead soon. I just ordered a Talo Ruger model 5154 New Vaquero in .45 ACP. I was thinking about buying a SAA clone but I will stick with the Rugers for now. This is a stock photo of the one I ordered. I will have to call Milt Sparks next week.
    Attachment 44282
    I hope you like it as much as I like my stainless version 5153. One easy thing I did that improved accuracy was ream the chamber mouths to a uniform size since I generally shoot 230g ball. I also had Raj at Eagle fit me a set of grips.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I already emailed sack Peterson about stag grips. I will checkout Eagle. Could you post a picture of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I already emailed sack Peterson about stag grips. I will checkout Eagle. Could you post a picture of yours?
    Sure, I’ll pull it out of the safe tonight. I also changed the base pin and the ejector rod, just personal preference.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 11-01-2019 at 04:42 PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Ohmyohmyohmy! These are very good looking revolvers. Umm, back to the "shiny one," have you ever weighed it?
    I have not.

But just for you and other friends here, I just did.

That puts it right in the range of a Colt Single Action Army of the same barrel length.

The balance is pretty awesome too!

If I had to choose just one single action revolver, hands down, this convertible would be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I have not.

But just for you and other friends here, I just did.

I have a Sharpfinger just like that I bought when in college during the mid 80s. They seem to have a little bit of a cult following now.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Sure, I’ll pull it out of the safe tonight. I also changed the base pin and the ejector rod, just personal preference.
    Whelp, I guess I swapped out the Eagles - these were from a gent on one of the SAA forums. I’ll look for the Eagles, they’re checkered rosewood Gunfighters - I also have a set of ivoroid ones someplace.

Name:  5B45D8C9-9EF2-44CF-9341-D7B730D35519.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  102.2 KB
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I have a Sharpfinger just like that I bought when in college during the mid 80s. They seem to have a little bit of a cult following now.
    The older ones have great steel in them and they balance superbly.

I am not much of a knife guy, but this is one of those knives that I knew was a keeper. The Sharpfinger is one of those that you can dress a Muley buck or brook trout with equal ease. Truly a Goldilocks knife.

I have an old Gerber skinning knife that I picked up in the early 90s that is one of those knives that just fit. In fact I was looking at it today, as it was on a leather belt that I have a holster, cartridge loops, and a couple other items on. I will have to snap a pic of it. I have been meaning to have someone make a decent sheath for that old Gerber, as it deserves a better sheath than the one it came in. It has skinned a lot of deer over the years.

If someone needs an upgrade to their Sharpfinger - the Bark River Fingerling in 3V would be the choice -

https://www.dlttrading.com/bark-rive...eatured&page=1

A sharpfinger in a homemade front pocket sheath was my middle school go-to.

There’s some dude doing pikal grinds on these, IIRC.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    You guys keep costing me money; those bark river fingerlings look nice. My hunting knife in the eighties was a sharp finger.

User Tag List