Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ABC turns Knob Creek footage into Syria footage

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    And now I have ZZ Top stuck in my head. Thanks Stephanie.

Banned
    Bet you didn't know that sound was added for almost all of that WW2 footage you've seen for all of your lives......

I actually didn't know that.

But it's not like ABC doesn't have a reputation for slanting their stories to fit an agenda
    Last edited by Cypher; 10-16-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Banned
    If we're going to post videos of ABC making shit up as they go along we have got to include this

Last edited by Cory; 10-16-2019 at 06:56 PM.

All y'all may need these:

Attachment 43676

Some lazy-ass video guy used stock footage. Horrors, I tell you.

Bet you didn't know that sound was added for almost all of that WW2 footage you've seen for all of your lives......

#RESIST

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    If I were a betting man, I'd bet ABC paid a "source" they thought was local for that video and got scammed. I recall reading Robert Fisk's "Pity the Nation" about the civil war in Lebanon and how much of the "on the scene reporting" was actually done from Cyprus or the like. Many of the western news sources deemed it too dangerous (and who could blame them?) to have their reporters actually in the war zone, so they had to rely on hearsay and sources they couldn't verify. They wouldn't actually lie but would use vague phrases like "reporting from the Mediterranean" or the like and give the impression they were in Lebanon.

In the age of the constant multi-channel news cycle and social media alternate news sources, it's become even more important to be first than be right. There's been Twitter frauds reported as news prior to being vetted, etc.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I actually didn't know that.

But it's not like ABC doesn't have a reputation for slanting their stories to fit an agenda
    Oh, right, because nobody else does that. {/sarc}

It tells me something that there is more outrage over ABC using stock video footage than there is about NBC covering up Matt Lauer's {alleged) serial sexual harassment.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Banned

It tells me something that there is more outrage over ABC using stock video footage than there is about NBC covering up Matt Lauer's {alleged) serial sexual harassment.
    I kind of don't know what to tell you. I don't watch the national news, it's all bullshit. I barely watch the local news. I said all that to say that I think I've only ever heard that Matt Lauer was a serial rapist or whatever one time

It's not stock footage. It's some phone video they grabbed and intentionally edited and then lied about until they got caught.

User Tag List