Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock Trigger and Connector Mapping Videos and Data

Glock Trigger and Connector Mapping Videos and Data

After seeing so many reviews of triggers and parts that all pretty much sound the same: "Here's the weight, it feels good, the break is crisp, clean reset, etc" I figured it was time to get some empirical data. I built a rig that pulls the trigger and takes pressure readings with a loadcell.

I mapped a stock trigger first in a P80 frame, then swapped in an Apex striker block, a 6# competition trigger spring, and Wolff 5# & 4.5# striker springs. Then I swapped in an Apex, Overwatch Precision Falx, and Agency Arms trigger all with a standard connector.

In the second connector video, I upgraded my rig and switched to a gen4 frame. Then mapped a 5#, 4.5$, 3.5#, and Ghost Edge connector.

I'm not an "influencer", just a guy who likes to nerd out on data. My hope is that someone can look at the readings and narrow down their choices if they want to change their trigger.

Trigger Data here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Me...pYuygG3gbFfP0R

Interesting. Mind sharing what load cell you used? (I'm looking for one to test breaking limits in crimped connections on 12-16 ga. copper wire. I'll need one that goes up to at least 200 lbs.)
    Last edited by Rack; 10-14-2019 at 04:37 PM.

This is like...the coolest thing ever.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Very, very cool. That's the kind of nerd stuff I love.

But does it go bang and cycle? I got away from from all the race/Gucci mods because it didn't.

Site Supporter
    Now my brain hurts. Great work.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    Interesting. Mind sharing what load cell you used? (I'm looking for one to test breaking limits in crimped connections on 12-16 ga. copper wire. I'll need one that goes up to at least 200 lbs.)
    It’s just a 10kg from amazon. I turned a “finger” in the lathe and added a delrin roller bushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Very, very cool. That's the kind of nerd stuff I love.

But does it go bang and cycle? I got away from from all the race/Gucci mods because it didn't.
    Slide is off my carry gun. Runs like a top after some tweaking. Glocks aren’t as plug and play as people think with aftermarket parts. Gold barrel and comp were blems. Had to take a few thousanths off the back top corner of the comp as it was touching the slide during unlocking. .270” steel guide rod and Wolff wire springs are so much smoother than flat wire. 15# cycles 115 to 147. 5# striker spring, Ghost Evo connector. All internals get leveled with a stone, wet sanded up to 3000grit sandpaper on glass before polish/buff. Front frame rails were too wide and dragging the slide. Had to narrow them 0.015” to get smooth slide travel.

#NeedsMore1911

I kid. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing, and welcome to PF.

Hammertime
    Outstanding work.

" I don't usually read comments, because the internet is full of internet people" LOL outstanding!

Thanks for sharing and all the hard work you put into this. I always wondered how to get less wall out of gen 4 glocks. I like more of a rolling break.

User Tag List