Thread: Need some pointers for new IWB holster options

Site Supporter

Need some pointers for new IWB holster options

Shopping for a new kydex IWB holster with these basic specs:
    * M&P M2.0 9mm compact 4"
    * Streamlight TLR8
    * Lefthand configuration
    * Nice-to-have: tuckable setup for NPE's

Contacted JMCK, sounds like the light wasn't an option. Dale Fricke holsters can do IWB's with these options.

Others I should check out?

Site Supporter
    Those look good. Also liked the look of Raven Concealment Eidolon, which gets some mentions here, unfortunately it looks like they don't support M&P pistols.

ETA: Are hybrid holsters like Crossbreed and Comp Tac a bad idea? I've run a Supertuck in the past and liked the hybrid, though less fond of the metal clips. Searching here, I see mixed reviews, some swear by them, some swear at them.
    Last edited by maximus83; 10-15-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Site Supporter
    I am carrying my M&P 2.0 Compact right now in a COMPTAC CTAC IWB. I do not think they offer a light option.
    Last edited by ranger; 10-15-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Those look good. Also liked the look of Raven Concealment Eidolon, which gets some mentions here, unfortunately it looks like they don't support M&P pistols.

ETA: Are hybrid holsters like Crossbreed and Comp Tac a bad idea? I've run a Supertuck in the past and liked the hybrid, though less fond of the metal clips. Searching here, I see mixed reviews, some swear by them, some swear at them.
    Hybrid holsters are unsound designs for a number of different reasons ranging from categorically inferior concealment to durability and safety concerns. Hard pass on any hybrid if I were you.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the links, I've narrowed down to two options--including the one you posted. The number of attachment options on miholster are a little overwhelming. Fricke holster uses mainly PTD loops.

https://miholsterco.com/stealth-lb
    https://dalefrickeholsters.com/produ...ng-side-carry/
    Last edited by maximus83; 10-18-2019 at 09:57 AM.

I have used IWB from greenforcetactical.com for my last few new pistols and really like them. Great build quality, lifetime guarantee and will build almost any custom design provided it doesn’t compromise safety. Definitely worth checking out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Thanks for the links, I've narrowed down to two options--including the one you posted. The number of attachment options on miholster are a little overwhelming. Fricke holster uses mainly PTD loops.

https://miholsterco.com/stealth-lb
    https://dalefrickeholsters.com/produ...ng-side-carry/
    I've bought several holsters from Dale Fricke, and I've been pleased with all of them. Dale has also been very pleasant to deal with whenever I had questions regarding his products.

The miholsterco holster you linked to looks like a really good holster to me. However, I'd be a little hesitant to have a holster that rides on a single clip/loop with a 4" gun. I carry AIWB and have trouble with the grip of my Glock 19 sagging down toward my belt with some holsters that even have two loops near the center of the holster.

Disregard.
    Last edited by Olim9; 10-18-2019 at 11:07 PM. Reason: No left hand option

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    The miholsterco holster you linked to looks like a really good holster to me. However, I'd be a little hesitant to have a holster that rides on a single clip/loop with a 4" gun. I carry AIWB and have trouble with the grip of my Glock 19 sagging down toward my belt with some holsters that even have two loops near the center of the holster.
    That's a good point--I've never carried any pistol of this size or larger with only a single attachment point. On the Miholster stealth that's linked, I noticed he has a lot of attachment options including some dual attachment choices. One is "Dual soft loops", another is "Tuckable strut and soft loop" (which is shown in one of the pics). That last is interesting, haven't seen that before.

User Tag List