Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    On a game P10-F OR, left the dot on after the batt. check b/c I carried it hot to the range, fired 3rds. then it said bye, came back on a few secs. later, then back off after another rd. & rechecked the batt. cap tightness again.

My training partner nearby (A class) sensed my frustration, asked what's up and after after handing it to him a sim. occurrence as above & then it went dark for good. An email's into Trij. for an RMA # & hopefully they'll reply early Mon. so I can get it out that AM.
    I had this same problem with two of my SRO's and it was as simple as removing the battery cap and with a toothpick, put a little silicone grease on the thread of the cap, but not enough to get down in the electronics and then tighten the cap on TIGHT. Problem completely cured. If you look down in there, the negative part of the battery makes contact with a chamfer in the frame and it has to be tight.

Quote Originally Posted by agksimon View Post
    I had this same problem with two of my SRO's and it was as simple as removing the battery cap and with a toothpick, put a little silicone grease on the thread of the cap, but not enough to get down in the electronics and then tighten the cap on TIGHT. Problem completely cured. If you look down in there, the negative part of the battery makes contact with a chamfer in the frame and it has to be tight.
    Per Trij. CS my SRO was unable to be repaired & they PROMPTLY sent me a 5 MOA replacement as mine was a 2.5.

That said I’ll agree w/ JSGlock34’s post on the previous page that Trij’s CS is impressive & a good role model IMO for other orgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Naphtali View Post
    I have a theory on this problem - since all the sights ship with a new CR123 installed, and the battery lasts 1-3 years, and this sight is only like 1 year old, I bet the vast majority of owners have never touched their battery cap.
    I currently own 3 SRO’s and I sold a 1moa SRO to a friend that had Approx 6k rounds on it. I have definitely touched the battery cap on all of them because the first thing I do when I get a new Trijicon SRO is replace the Energizer CR2032 with a Duracell 2032.

I also swap the battery every 90 days in all of my SROs as routine maintenance and have been tuning SROs exclusively for the past 10 months now. .

While I do think Trijicon should include a battery cap tool in the box with the SROs, I haven’t managed to screw up the threads on any of mine using a standard medium sized flathead screwdriver, and I manage to break most things I put my hands on.

I also recommend putting a small amount of grease around the threads of the cap and start reverse threading the cap on until it engages the threads and snaps into place, then start turning the cap clockwise.

I made this battery cap removal tool out of a toe nail clipper. It fits the cap very well and the offset allows it to fit in there straight.
    Name:  SRO Battery Cap Screwdriver.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  29.6 KB

I did forget to mention that I run my SRO on manual, as I find the automatic mode too dark for me, especially when wearing sunglasses. I want that dot standing out.

How did this work out?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have contact Trijicon and await a shipping label...

I received my 2.5 moa SRO just a few weeks ago. I promptly mounted it to a Glock 19 MOS slide and proceeded to dry fire with it. Right off the bat I noticed that the "-" button was very difficult to use. It seemed hard to press with no tactile feedback. It sort of "smooshed" rather than "clicked." As a result, I seemed to be putting the optic into one of the various modes.

Anyway, I haven't used the optic in live fire yet and wanted to change that. I pulled the pistol out this morning with the intention of going to the range but found the optic is dead. Pushing either button independently or at the same time does nothing. I changed the battery and it still would come on.

Not a good way to start my week!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    How did they handle this? How long did it take to receive the return shipping email? i just had one quit working laying on my desk not even being used after 1 month of owning it. I am hoping they will let me return and give me a credit to spend on something else. The SRO has lost my confidence. it will defiantly be going on ebay if they send it back to me, and I will spend my $ with a different company.

As I mentioned above, I had the same problem and found that the battery cap has to be extremely tight or it will not work or quit working. Putting a little silicone grease on the threads and rubber gasket with a toothpick helps a lot to get it tight and get it back apart. Try these two things and see if it helps. If you look down in there, it's not a regular contact but a machined surface that the battery makes contact with and the cap has to be very tight.

Site Supporter
    Anyone have any updates on these? I want to try one, I admit, but not until I hear more about these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    Anyone have any updates on these? I want to try one, I admit, but not until I hear more about these issues?
    No news is good news. I'm only up to around 4.5k on mine, which is too early in the slide ride red dot life cycle to say much for its durability. Based on what I've been seeing from other competitive shooters, there seem to be 2-3 main issues (elevation adjustment wandering, emitter coming loose, battery cap) and if you don't get those the SRO seems to last a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    I've got about 1000 rounds on mine and it's still running great and has kept zero.

If you're worried about dropping and wrecking it, you can now get a guard for it.

http://jagerwerks.com/pre-order-b-r-o-s-4-6-weeks/

User Tag List