Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

Quote Originally Posted by KG556 View Post
    Just throwing my two cents in in regard to the SRO. So far, my two SRO's have been spot on perfect. The buttons are definitely stiff on both, but they work as they should. They are both 2.5 MOA versions. One serial is approx. 6,500, and the other is approx. 8,900. Both mounted on a Glock model 45. One has about 2,000 rounds on it, and the other has about 1,500 rounds. Still putting them through their paces, but good-to-go thus far.

On a separate but related note, I have 4 RMR'd Type 2 pistols, with significant use on 3 of those 4. They have all been 100% reliable thus far. I retired from my LEO career this June, and I am unaware of any other LEO's at my former agency having any issues with theirs. I realize it's not a significantly large sample size, but those are my own firsthand observations. I also never saw a type 2 go down during any of the combat courses I enrolled in. Again, just firsthand observations.

My only unlucky purchase was a Holosun 507c, which broke on the first day of use. Dot failed, and could not be reactivated despite all attempts. I must have been the oddball, as most others seem to like the 507/508.
    My sense, based on seeing various models, is that there is a significant infant mortality with Holosun products. If they last a week, they probably will be fine. One of my three 507’s didn’t make a week.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just installed my 5 Moa SRO on a crappy CZ P10C that GJM sold me in a swindle. Since it won't shoot worth a damn, should I demand my money back?

Name:  IMG_7524.jpg
Views: 1298
Size:  36.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3337.jpg
Views: 1285
Size:  40.5 KB

Only shoots 1" groups....

SRO works fine. I really like the 5 Moa dot.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Just installed my 5 Moa SRO on a crappy CZ P10C that GJM sold me in a swindle. Since it won't shoot worth a damn, should I demand my money back?

Name:  IMG_7524.jpg
Views: 1298
Size:  36.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3337.jpg
Views: 1285
Size:  40.5 KB

Only shoots 1" groups....

SRO works fine. I really like the 5 Moa dot.
    Swindled yes, but it wasn’t you!

Trij. 2.5moa SRO (ser. 000916) failed @ the range this afternoon, checked the batt. this AM @ 60% & 3K+ in rounds thru it overall.

Emailing Trij. for an RMA # tonight but their website says to return warrantied products back to the dealer (Kenzies Optics for this), so does the SRO go back to Kenzies first or direct to Trijicon?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Trij. 2.5moa SRO (ser. 000916) failed @ the range this afternoon, checked the batt. this AM @ 60% & 3K+ in rounds thru it overall.

Emailing Trij. for an RMA # tonight but their website says to return warrantied products back to the dealer (Kenzies Optics for this), so does the SRO go back to Kenzies first or direct to Trijicon?
    Did you try really tightening down the battery cap?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Did you try really tightening down the battery cap?
    Most def. ever since you shared that tip. w/ us sev. weeks ago. Checked that again @ the range and tested the batt. this PM when home & still at 60%

Sucks. What's the failure mode?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Sucks. What's the failure mode?
    On a game P10-F OR, left the dot on after the batt. check b/c I carried it hot to the range, fired 3rds. then it said bye, came back on a few secs. later, then back off after another rd. & rechecked the batt. cap tightness again.

My training partner nearby (A class) sensed my frustration, asked what's up and after after handing it to him a sim. occurrence as above & then it went dark for good. An email's into Trij. for an RMA # & hopefully they'll reply early Mon. so I can get it out that AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    On a game P10-F OR, left the dot on after the batt. check b/c I carried it hot to the range, fired 3rds. then it said bye, came back on a few secs. later, then back off after another rd. & rechecked the batt. cap tightness again.

My training partner nearby (A class) sensed my frustration, asked what's up and after after handing it to him a sim. occurrence as above & then it went dark for good. An email's into Trij. for an RMA # & hopefully they'll reply early Mon. so I can get it out that AM.
    Will be curious whether they repair it or replace it. The SRO has been holding up well for me, my wife and a number of people we know, but shows none of these optics are bulletproof.

I just got my slide back yesterday with SRO mounted. Hope this doesn’t turn out to be an ongoing issue. I’m all in, being this is a direct mounted sight.

User Tag List