Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    At just over 1,000 rds, the RDO baseplate (installed, torqued, and witness-marked by LTT) worked loose. I replaced the screws, re-torqued and reinstalled last September.
    When I went to remove the SRO from the plate after it failed, I noticed that the screws from the sight to the baseplate had moved slightly, as indicated by their witness marks. That had to have happened in the last 60 rounds or so, as they were lined up when I cleaned the gun before the match where it failed. It wasn’t “loose” yet by any stretch, but I was surprised.
    I’ll be contacting Trijicon yet today, so as to get the warranty ball rolling.
    Trijicon customer service is very good and prompt.

Loose mounting plates are what led me to start experimenting with E6000 in the first place.

I had cleaned, torqued and loctited the CZ optics system but it still worked loose.

After mating the plate to the slide with E6000, no issues in over 60k rounds (on the plate and on the optic).

After using the 507comp on some secondary guns, I’m still sticking with the 5MOA SRO.

I strongly prefer a round window visually and there’s also a little more vertical distance with the SRO over the 507comp which I like for recoil tracking.

5MOA is a nice size for almost all of the shooting sports that I do. I don’t want an 8MOA and I don’t want something smaller than 5.

Give me a 5-6 MOA in a round window that doesn’t lose dot in recoil and I’ll take that every day.

I would take either an SRO or 507comp over the shorter DPP window.

If the 507comp ever gave us the option of a simple 5-6MOA dot, I’d consider buying more.

But for now, no plans on changing from my SROs on anything I’m using for gaming. And that’s after spending time with two 507comps.

I might consider using the 507comps on rimfire rifles though.

I wonder if the size, the reciprocating slide, or both with these small dots and their longevity? My CMore has been sitting atop my open gun since 1999, and has seen a good deal of major ammo, including the 175+ power factor days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I wonder if the size, the reciprocating slide, or both with these small dots and their longevity? My CMore has been sitting atop my open gun since 1999, and has seen a good deal of major ammo, including the 175+ power factor days.
    It’s the reciprocation. I can remember what the number of Gs the slide generated during reciprocation was that some industry guy quoted a while back but it was obscene.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    An update on my situation… Trijicon emailed me on 1 Sep (11 days ago), saying:

“ We have received your product(s).

What To Expect Next:

- Your product will be inspected by one of our Trijicon Service Technicians.
    - We will contact you shortly on the outcome of our diagnosis.”

I realize that the 11 days included Labor Day weekend, but there’ve been 5 full workdays since it arrived. I’m hoping they’ll tell me what’s up soon.

In the meantime, I’ve ordered and received the budget Bushnell large-window RDS that was just introduced. I’m planning to use it until the SRO comes back. Spending $180 on a spare was much more appealing than dropping $550 on another Trijicon.
    And it seems like when an SRO goes down, it means 3-4 weeks minimum without it.

Site Supporter
    Final update- Trijicon replaced my 5 MOA SRO. It arrived on Friday, so 4 weeks from my initial contact w/ them, my replacement is in hand.
    Based on the rub-marks on the underside of the unit, I’d say it was a refurbished item.

While without the SRO, I ordered the new Bushnell 4 MOA RDS, mounted and zeroed it, and have shot several practice sessions and an IDPA match with it.
    So far, I like the “budget” RDS just as well as the SRO.
    I’m debating the pros and cons of just leaving it on my LTT RDO until it fails or otherwise gives me a reason to swap back to the SRO.

Thoughts from the P-F bros?

Final update- Trijicon replaced my 5 MOA SRO. It arrived on Friday, so 4 weeks from my initial contact w/ them, my replacement is in hand.
    Based on the rub-marks on the underside of the unit, I’d say it was a refurbished item.

While without the SRO, I ordered the new Bushnell 4 MOA RDS, mounted and zeroed it, and have shot several practice sessions and an IDPA match with it.
    I’m debating the pros and cons of just leaving it on my LTT RDO until it fails or otherwise gives me a reason to swap back to the SRO.

Run it until it dies? Might as well test it?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I'd run it until it fails. That's what I'm doing with mine. I want to know how it compares and I can't do that until I get it to fail or go as far as my SRO (10k+)
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    Kill it! Bushnell has good customer service too. Might as well test both aspects out at the same time.

Site Supporter

Yeah, just beat optics to death and let us know.

Pistol mounted RDS seems to be the most difficult on these things.

ETA: My SRO had to take a trip home and has returned and works great.

At this point I would just shoot what you have zero’d and honestly have the SRO ready to rotate in if/when this breaks. Then just rotate out optics.

I have a good opinion of Trijicon - it took a very long time (I want to say 8 weeks?) to receive my optic back when I sent it in which is the only negative. Support was responsive and great but just a long lead time on getting to a technician.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Purchased an 2.5 MOA SRO on 5/9/23; SN 867##. Mounted it to a Glock 47 MOS. Dry fired probably a hounded rounds before heading to the range. Fired 100 rounds of 124 grain S&B to zero and begin vetting. Gun then got shelved for 4 months except for occasional dry fire while I focused on my DW’s.

Last week I took it out of the safe for more dry fire practice. The reticle shut off and would not come back on after just the 3rd dry fire. I loosened and then tightened down the battery cap but the reticle was still dead. I swapped out the battery and the reticle came back on for 5 or 6 dry fires before permanently dying again.
    Last edited by Sensei; 01-07-2024 at 01:45 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List