Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    What minute dot are you using in you SRO?
    5moa.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I've had two SRO's (5moa and 2.5moa) on my match and training CO pistols for the last ~2 years.

The training SRO has approx 15k through it. I did have one issue with the training SRO very early on when it had less than 500 rounds on it. It got dim and would hardly visible even at the highest brightness setting. I sent it in for repair and they fixed it and sent it back. I haven't had any issues on it since.

I use the kydex piece that occludes the window when I need to deal with shooting directly into the sun. This has happened to me 3 times in a match. Shooting into the sun can be tricky whether you're shooting irons or RDS. There was a stage at nationals a few years back in Florida that I shot on the production super squad and there was a no-shoot swinger at about 15 yards directly in to the sun over the berm. Most of the shooters on the squad had misses or horrible hits on that target.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I've had two SRO's (5moa and 2.5moa) on my match and training CO pistols for the last ~2 years.

The training SRO has approx 15k through it. I did have one issue with the training SRO very early on when it had less than 500 rounds on it. It got dim and would hardly visible even at the highest brightness setting. I sent it in for repair and they fixed it and sent it back. I haven't had any issues on it since.

I use the kydex piece that occludes the window when I need to deal with shooting directly into the sun. This has happened to me 3 times in a match. Shooting into the sun can be tricky whether you're shooting irons or RDS. There was a stage at nationals a few years back in Florida that I shot on the production super squad and there was a no-shoot swinger at about 15 yards directly in to the sun over the berm. Most of the shooters on the squad had misses or horrible hits on that target.
    I made that piece into a half cutout sun visor

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In the past few months, I have had two very high round count SRO optics develop phantom sub dots or scatter. Both were repaired by Trijicon, meaning I received the same repaired optic back that I sent in.
    Just curious if you remember what very high round count means here? Like thousands, 10's of thousands, or 100's of thousands?

From what I know of you from your posts on PF I wouldn't venture a guess

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    Just curious if you remember what very high round count means here? Like thousands, 10's of thousands, or 100's of thousands?

From what I know of you from your posts on PF I wouldn't venture a guess
    My SRO units that developed emitter issues, and were repaired by Trijicon were bought the first summer the SRO came out, and were in the 15,000-20,000 rounds fired range.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Would anyone here hesitate to use the SRO for carry and/or defensive use?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Would anyone here hesitate to use the SRO for carry and/or defensive use?
    I wouldn’t hesitate.

Are you doing irons behind or no irons? I’m considering PMM integrated rear. I’d prefer irons forward to get the optic rear and keep blowback off the lens but I’m not sure which way yet. Taking advantage of the Jagerwerks sale

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Are you doing irons behind or no irons? I’m considering PMM integrated rear. I’d prefer irons forward to get the optic rear and keep blowback off the lens but I’m not sure which way yet. Taking advantage of the Jagerwerks sale
    Irons forward won't be an option with and SRO... the front of the optic sits over the forward dovetail cut.

Right. I knew that. I meant irons rear or optic all the way back and PMM integrated. Sorry.

User Tag List