Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    I got a reply from Trijicon Customer Service. They think it may be caused by bubbles in the EMITTER LENS… not the front lens. I’ll need to send it in for service. Estimated 8 week down time!!!
    I’m assuming cleaning it with lens cleaner didn’t help, right?

Tried it. Trijicon said the same thing so I tried it again. They based their analysis on the photos I sent. Don’t know if this plays any role, but mine was an early production, SN #002XXX

Well my SRO is in rout back to Trijicon. I’ll report back on the outcome in 8 weeks… meanwhile, I’ll bed my mounting plate with the E6000. The E6000 should be cured by then…

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Well my SRO is in rout back to Trijicon. I’ll report back on the outcome in 8 weeks… meanwhile, I’ll bed my mounting plate with the E6000. The E6000 should be cured by then…
    Hopefully they will underpromise and overperform on that lead time.

Bringing life to an old thread!!! Trijicon received my SRO for warranty work on 4/20/22. Just got a shipping number and my SRO should be back by 5/7!!! They originally gave a time estimate of 8 weeks, so I am very happy…. Just hope the problem is fixed!!!

I’m in the same boat. Contacted Trijicon beginning of April re my SRO that was acting up then quit working. CS sent me a RA and shipping label within the hour and quoted 5-6 weeks turn around. Fast forward 4 weeks and I received an email the other day saying it is coming back to me. The email didn’t specify what went wrong or what their solution was, but according to tracking # it should arrive tomorrow. I’m hoping they replaced it rather than repaired… but we’ll see. I got almost 3 USPSA shooting seasons out of the dot before it started acting wonky on me.

Been shooting my backup gun that is also equipped with a SRO…

Got my SRO back! It was definitely mine and not a new or refurbished piece because it had all the nicks, scratches and witness marks still on it. There was alittle inspectors not with it that said “OK,” but nothing saying what was done.

I turned it on and everything looks fine. Now I need to get to the range to test it and re-zero it.

Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post
    I’m in the same boat. Contacted Trijicon beginning of April re my SRO that was acting up then quit working. CS sent me a RA and shipping label within the hour and quoted 5-6 weeks turn around. Fast forward 4 weeks and I received an email the other day saying it is coming back to me. The email didn’t specify what went wrong or what their solution was, but according to tracking # it should arrive tomorrow. I’m hoping they replaced it rather than repaired… but we’ll see. I got almost 3 USPSA shooting seasons out of the dot before it started acting wonky on me.

Been shooting my backup gun that is also equipped with a SRO…
    Brown truck dropped off my SRO today. According to the packing slip they repaired it by replacing the 5MOA electronics kit and also replaced the dichroic doublet lens. I’m not sure why they replaced the lens, I didn’t have any issues with the original, but happy they took the time. No charge.

Time to remount and sight it back in. Overall I’m satisfied/happy with how Trijicon treated me.

Site Supporter
    I picked up a five MOA model from primary arms. The buttons were extremely stiff compared to my other SROs and I could not get the sight to turn on even though it had a battery installed. I tried swapping the battery and apparently cross threaded the battery cap despite having three other SROs.

It’s on its way back to the mothership, will report back when I get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I picked up a five MOA model from primary arms. The buttons were extremely stiff compared to my other SROs and I could not get the sight to turn on even though it had a battery installed. I tried swapping the battery and apparently cross threaded the battery cap despite having three other SROs.

It’s on its way back to the mothership, will report back when I get it back.
    Replacing the battery is awkward, and I use a special stubby screw driver and take my time doing it, making sure to get the cap very tight.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List