Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

Thanks GJM… hopefully another SRO owner will chime in.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    I’ve had an SRO on my STI 2011 .45 for 3 years with 2-3k rounds through it. I haven’t had any problems with the RDS, only STI’s HOST mounting system.

I recently noticed something odd with the dot though. I’ve noticed a horizontal line of tiny dots under the main 2.5 MOA dot. I don’t know if was always there or just recently appeared. I attempted to photograph the line, but my photo skills are lacking. The photo shows a ghost image of the line, but it’s much more defined in real life.

I looked over the RDS and noticed small bubbles under the lens. Has anyone else experienced the line or have these bubbles?

Attachment 87170
    Attachment 87171
    Based on prior experiences with an EoTech rifle optic my guess is the bubbles and scatter are signs the lense is delaminating.,

Contact Trijicon, they are pretty good on warranty issues.

Thanks HCM, I just sent them an email!

Thanks GJM… hopefully another SRO owner will chime in.
    Mine have some very tiny bubbles in the same area (adhesive to anchor lenses).

Stupid question, you’ve cleaned the emitter right?

I’ve wiped the lens a few times with a lens towel a few times, but I’ve never touched the emitter. Is there a proper technique for the emitter?

I’ve wiped the lens a few times with a lens towel a few times, but I’ve never touched the emitter. Is there a proper technique for the emitter?
    I've used a Q-tip with the tip bent at an angle for my RMR's. I usually pull off some of the cotton to shrink the size of the head.

I tried cleaning the emitter but the line is still there. I took a new pic that shows the line a little better. I’m fairly convinced that the line is light being reflected off the bubbles on the lower edge since the line is created by a bunch of random small dots. Still waiting for a response from Trijicon, but I’ll keep you guys updated. Name:  8F90C908-34C4-48D1-8BF3-8C35FA0387D0.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  55.3 KB

I tried cleaning the emitter but the line is still there. I took a new pic that shows the line a little better. I’m fairly convinced that the line is light being reflected off the bubbles on the lower edge since the line is created by a bunch of random small dots. Still waiting for a response from Trijicon, but I’ll keep you guys updated. Name:  8F90C908-34C4-48D1-8BF3-8C35FA0387D0.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  55.3 KB
    Did you try cleaning or did you clean it…

If I were a betting man I’d still bet emitter reflection as the low part of the lens where bubbles are… is pretty low.

But you can test it by putting a paster or piece of electrical tape over the bubbles to see.

The emitter cover is generally plastic so use eyeglass cleaner on a Q-tip.

I just ran a dry qtip over the emitter, but I’ll do it again with some lens cleaner!

I got a reply from Trijicon Customer Service. They think it may be caused by bubbles in the EMITTER LENS… not the front lens. I’ll need to send it in for service. Estimated 8 week down time!!!

User Tag List