Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Based on a conversation I had with Trijicon in February and then a conversation with them a couple weeks ago they're having major supply chain issues just like everyone else.

They've put out a great super-reliable product for decades. If I had to venture a guess they got a bad batch of internals from their supplier and it's going to cost them quite a bit to fix it (both monetarily and in reputation).

I'm not going to give up on them as a company or on their products. I have no doubt they will make it right, but I think they're going to need time.

Order anything recently from anyone? It's likely sitting in a container ship somewhere outside Long Beach because we don't actually "make" much of anything in this country anymore, especially when it comes to raw materials and electronic chipsets. I'm sure parts that go into assembling a SRO are no different.
    I placed my order back on 9/18/21 through the LE Instructor program for a 5moa SRO. They just charged my card today and I called them to and they said it would ship within a few days.

When I bought a RM07 from them back in 2019 through the same program I had it in 10 days.

Ah, the good old days a couple years ago

I placed my order back on 9/18/21 through the LE Instructor program for a 5moa SRO. They just charged my card today and I called them to and they said it would ship within a few days.

When I bought a RM07 from them back in 2019 through the same program I had it in 10 days.

Better late than never, but that is crazy. Still loving my 5 moa SRO.

Maybe it’s the type? I used that same program to order an RMR07 last month. They told me 3 to 4 weeks but I had it 6 days later.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Maybe it’s the type? I used that same program to order an RMR07 last month. They told me 3 to 4 weeks but I had it 6 days later.
    Almost no doubt it is the model. SRO's have been pretty hard to come by for a while.

I have a friend who I’ve gotten into USPSA recently, and two days ago he called to tell me he had found an optics ready VP9L pistol and wanted an SRO. I found him a 5 MOA SRO and HK #2 plate at a decent price from a vendor I have done a lot of business with, with a 15-second search.

It could just be good timing, but they are out there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I have a friend who I’ve gotten into USPSA recently, and two days ago he called to tell me he had found an optics ready VP9L pistol and wanted an SRO. I found him a 5 MOA SRO and HK #2 plate at a decent price from a vendor I have done a lot of business with, with a 15-second search.

It could just be good timing, but they are out there now.
    Agreed as I see them frequently on USPSA exchange on MyFace, saw one there 7 hrs. ago @ $550.

I’ve had an SRO on my STI 2011 .45 for 3 years with 2-3k rounds through it. I haven’t had any problems with the RDS, only STI’s HOST mounting system.

I recently noticed something odd with the dot though. I’ve noticed a horizontal line of tiny dots under the main 2.5 MOA dot. I don’t know if was always there or just recently appeared. I attempted to photograph the line, but my photo skills are lacking. The photo shows a ghost image of the line, but it’s much more defined in real life.

I looked over the RDS and noticed small bubbles under the lens. Has anyone else experienced the line or have these bubbles?

Name:  618A0C74-945F-44EE-B121-75190C161179.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  20.0 KB
    Name:  6F952AFF-BD9B-447A-98B6-CA581EEEFCCC.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  31.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

In the past few months, I have had two very high round count SRO optics develop phantom sub dots or scatter. Both were repaired by Trijicon, meaning I received the same repaired optic back that I sent in.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Do you think the bubbles under the lens caused the line? Do your repaired SROs have the bubbles? I don’t know if the bubbles were always there or if they developed from recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Do you think the bubbles under the lens caused the line? Do your repaired SROs have the bubbles? I don’t know if the bubbles were always there or if they developed from recoil.
    I am away at a weekend match with no SRO optics.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List