Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    Every time I think about making the switch to carry optics this thread comes back up

Does anyone have an optic than can make it past the 20K mark yet? I really don't want to have a $400-$600 piece of gear be an annual replacement.
    I do have a 2017 type 1 rmr that is still going at 8k. but I am getting reluctant to use it more.
    There are always going to be outliers but there are people who claim
    Over 100,000 rounds thru their sro. Most recently I heard 120k thru one optic.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    Every time I think about making the switch to carry optics this thread comes back up

Does anyone have an optic than can make it past the 20K mark yet? I really don't want to have a $400-$600 piece of gear be an annual replacement.
    I do have a 2017 type 1 rmr that is still going at 8k. but I am getting reluctant to use it more.
    I’ve had many thousands of rounds through SROs and the only failure I had was my fault (accidentally peeled the bottom plate off ripping an internal wire). Trijicon replaced it for free.

Every optic include my multiple broken Sigs have had great warranties so usually if I care about the game enough I have a backup gun or two anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    5 MOA unit on my match Shadow 2 is done. 12K or so rounds. The dot brightness intensity doesn't stay set, goes down with shots. Screwed my state match up a bit but I thought I fixed it with a new battery. Then it did it again, and again today. Shock buffs all along, 10 to 11 recoil springs, and 11 to 14 hammer springs.
    Looks like Trij CS is getting tested with these.
    Please share the CS test results when complete. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    So far, immediate email reply with 8-10 weeks wait time estimate.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I sent my 2.5 MOA SRO out and they received it August 30. They got back to me Sept 22 and said they are unable to fix my unit and will be sending me a new one, watch for a notice from UPS when it ships. I am still watching. My 5MOA SRO is still going strong after about 5,000 rounds which is more than I can say about the Q5 which I just took it off of to send back to Walther after 9,000 rounds.

Based on a conversation I had with Trijicon in February and then a conversation with them a couple weeks ago they're having major supply chain issues just like everyone else.

They've put out a great super-reliable product for decades. If I had to venture a guess they got a bad batch of internals from their supplier and it's going to cost them quite a bit to fix it (both monetarily and in reputation).

I'm not going to give up on them as a company or on their products. I have no doubt they will make it right, but I think they're going to need time.

Order anything recently from anyone? It's likely sitting in a container ship somewhere outside Long Beach because we don't actually "make" much of anything in this country anymore, especially when it comes to raw materials and electronic chipsets. I'm sure parts that go into assembling a SRO are no different.

Received my replacement 2.5 MOA yesterday. It appears as it should. May sell this one as I have found I much prefer the 5MOA. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    10/6 received by Trijicon
    10/7 deemed unrepairable, no explanation
    10/13 replacement unit delivered to my place
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    10/6 received by Trijicon
    10/7 deemed unrepairable, no explanation
    10/13 replacement unit delivered to my place
    Pretty hard to beat that service!!

For those looking: SRO’s (2.5 MOA) are back in stock at Kenzie’s as of the time of this post.

User Tag List