Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Wow, that’s an awesome price.
    Which if I were smart would make my decision for me.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Which if I were smart would make my decision for me.
    Maybe. If you’re direct milling for the 509, that’s a commitment you can’t easily go back on.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

This is true. It’d be either 509 or irons and since I’m doing irons forward, I’d be stuck at 509.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I tried it just now and it’s easy to do monocular…. For about out to 7 yards.

Past that and it gets harder to do when the target is small.
    As an analogy, with one eye and dot occluded it works like a big SAS sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Maybe. If you’re direct milling for the 509, that’s a commitment you can’t easily go back on.
    This is one reason I chose Glock MOS when I dipped my toes into dots on pistols. I could in theory always find an adapter plate to try a different optic. Since there is no "standard" as of yet, that's still a consideration, and why I was hoping Glock would eventually push out a 26.5 MOS. Since that isn't happening (it seems), I'm sitting here with a JagerWerks optic cut/nitride in my cart, wondering if I can commit to a dedicated RMR footprint on the 26.5 I have here. Direct milled is better for several reasons, but the Forward Controls RMR plate has worked great for me on two guns with RMR's. I like the RMR, but I do wonder when Trijicon will get off their laurels and give us a durable, enclosed emitter, USA made option with features like Holosun has been pushing.

As soon as I submit my JagerWerks order is when Glock will announce the 26.5 MOS and Trijicon will announce their new optic... so I should take one for the team and Just Do It.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It’s not dead to me. I can find SROs for around $450 give or take, and at that price they are still one of the best “starter optics” for people making the transition from irons.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    So... he's poor? That seems to be the argument he's making. I get it... Trijicon is charging a mint for the SRO and RMR sights. But I still trust them (or Aimpoint) far more than I trust anything China made, no matter the price difference.

I do wish Trijicon would step up their innovation game a little bit. What ever happened to the rumored "update" of the RMR?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    So... he's poor? That seems to be the argument he's making. I get it... Trijicon is charging a mint for the SRO and RMR sights. But I still trust them (or Aimpoint) far more than I trust anything China made, no matter the price difference.

I do wish Trijicon would step up their innovation game a little bit. What ever happened to the rumored "update" of the RMR?
    Stoeger is many things but not poor.

He does subject stuff to hard use and sometimes buys multiples of mid range to cheap gear instead of buying premium gear. I think he recently mentioned that he’s shooting about 50,000 rounds a year. For example, when he got into rifles, instead of buying a good AR or two, he bought four aero precision rifles, and put Holosuns them.

On an unrelated note, he’s apparently killed three out of the four Aero rifles, but the Holosun optics are all still going strong.

Conversely, his primary use is range /training not life /safety. Nobody is getting killed if his optic or rifle bolt fails.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post

Have see more broken rmrs than holosuns

User Tag List